Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope someone can help me with this issue, when im driving the highway my 2002 super duty 7.3 diesel will cut out only when its raining. it does not not completly shut off but it does cuts out. it does not do this unless it raines. hope someone cant help me solve this problem.

thanks,
Dennis

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Would the gem cause this? Seems to be a common probem when these trucks get wet.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
general electric module. I guess the front window is known to leak a little bit and water will drip right on to this. Not a 100% sure it would cause this but it messed with my brothers truck.

·
Registered
97 Posts
take it to the car wash and see what happens you can control the water some what and mabe get lucky . if it was me i would check the wireing going to the injectiors .

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe your right. But it's not the wipers its the CPS from the local parts house that as they say...."just isn't right".A few weeks before I started having problems I changed out my original ford CPS with a new "NAPA" black CPS. First time it rained it cutout on me at the stop light.
Next day same thing. I went to International for a new cps put it on and no more problems!
Did some re"search" seems most other threads with this concern have been closed before the OP's post the out come.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
CPS that is exactly what mine did to a tee. When it would rain heavy or especially if I went thru a puddle it would cut out very noticeably then small cut outs that were barely noticeable under light driving.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Every CPS I have put in my truck from an auto parts store like oreilleys or autozone has done that exact thing. I agree with everyone else on the CPS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts