Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 2002 7.3 that he is parting out . He said he would sell me the intercooler , pipes , and boots for cheap. Will this swap work at all? And what else will I need to finish it I will not be getting the Y piece on top of the motor

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
I have read that the IC will work, you need custom tubes and an early 99 spider. I'm going to try this also, I have the IC and the spider and I need the tubes. I think there are a couple of vendors that sell them on ebay, so I'm looking to buy the tubes also.

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
From what I've been told the passenger pipe will work and the drivers needs to be cut and place a boot in it for flex/extension.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
The intercooler itself will work, you just need to make some mounts for it. The pipes will work with some creativity. The boots will work. You need an E99 spyder or make your own.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes IC will work, there is actually somebody in here that has lots of pics. I will be in the process if doing the same thing, I just need to get a hold of an early intake spyder, if anyone knows about one please let me know. Also there is a gentlemen in northern Ca, that already manufactures both pipes for $200 including shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts