Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the VSM (Vehicle Security Module) Causing these issues.
-Door Ajar Light
-Key Fob not working
-Door locks not working
-no dome light when doors open but works with switch on dash
-radio doesn't shut off when truck is off and doors open
-no dinger when door is open and key is in the ignition.
I got a deal on a VSM from for will cost me about $300 installed. any ideas?

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Yep the VSM controls all that. I went threw all that and installed a good used vsm and it fixed everything but the dome lights still stayed on in my truck weither The doors were open or shut. I then did the wd40 trick and all the switches in the doors freed up and worked properly except the drivers door and that one I took the door switch out and freed it up by hand with wd40 and everythings been working great ever since.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what i thought. And what do you mean you installed a used VSM. I thought they all had to be programmed by the dealer for it work.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Try the accesory delay relay befor spending that kind of money mine did close to what ur talking about and the relay fixed it all

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
I got a good known good used one that matched my part number exactly and just had to reprogram my key fobs to work and that took 3 minutes. New ones or used ones that dont match the number on your box exactly will need to be programmed to work properly. Actually the used one I got was out of an 02 but slightly different number as they were upgraded in 03 due to the 02 ones causing problems but I was told any 03 vsm that has the same features as the 02 year will work even if the number is slightly different. Ill see if I have the number from mine and the 03 number here still. Youll still have to pull yours down and write the number down thats on it so you know whitch one you have.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the input I will have that relay tested. Any ideas witch one that would be?

I wish I knew where i could find a used one but that's the issue I can't and I can get a really good deal on a knew one after talking to one of my ex-girlfriends (diesel mechanic at Ford LOL) she can get me a really good deal on one.....still up in the air.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Fleabay is where I got my used one for $100 bucks with warranty for 30 days. Youll need your number off yours and match it up with one on there then plug n play when it arrives. You just have to program your key fobs to the other vsm but that takes 3 minutes to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am Experiencing the same issues and it looks like I will need to Replace My VSM also. Where is it located and aren't the part numbers normally the same. Any other advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts