Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a performance chip that is reasonably priced. And that is good for gas mileage and also performance. I do not pull a lot of trailers. I am simply looking something that will plug into the OBD port and it's fairly inexpensive, but we'll learn my driving habits and keep the Boost working without having to buy gauges.

·
Administrator
8,053 Posts
you will not find anything like that. a chip(attaches to PCM) , or tuner (plugs into OBD port)
is going to cost between $300 for a cheap one with generic tunes and $1100 with custom written tunes.
tuners do not Learn your driving habits. they simply re tune the powertrain control module.
also, it is not recommended to add a tuner or chip without adding at least an EGT gauge to monitor exhaust temps to keep them from going too high and melting engine parts.

·
Project Shamu
2,467 Posts
you will not find anything like that. a chip(attaches to PCM) , or tuner (plugs into OBD port)
is going to cost between $300 for a cheap one with generic tunes and $1100 with custom written tunes.
tuners do not Learn your driving habits. they simply re tune the powertrain control module.
also, it is not recommended to add a tuner or chip without adding at least an EGT gauge to monitor exhaust temps to keep them from going too high and melting engine parts.
I second everything he said ^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts