Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After driving approx. 20 miles about 2 weeks ago, van suddenly had a loss of power and sounded like it was in low gear with a wind sound. Very similar to the sound that occurs when I drove it during winter before letting warm up long enough.This was not constant though. At first it occurred sporadically then it started after the engine warmed up and remained. Did some research thought it might be the exhaust blowback valve stuck shut, so I removed the turbo and pedestal replaced with a non-EBPV pedestal plus entirely rebuilt the turbo. At test drive nothing has changed. Next I changed the air filters and fuel filter and still no charge. I did however notice something odd in the fuel bowl but not too sure is the root of my problem but very confused. Seems like the wire for the heater coil may have disconnected? I thought that van wouldn't start and no "wait to start" light if bad fuel bowl heater coil? I've supplied an image from todays fuel filter change and the filter change from November 4, 2019. Remember, the loss of power low gear feeling wind noise started about 2 weeks ago. Any ideas, insight, help will be greatly appreciated

6D2E8CBF-C490-4375-B760-298B3EBEE6E6.jpeg 01423F5B-FE9C-4FD0-A538-FDC5CDF547AA_4_5005_c.jpeg 93E70B9E-AE6E-45EB-85A7-0F12A2FED71C.jpeg

·
Administrator
8,816 Posts
the fuse will blow if the fuel bowl heater shorts out. if it is disconnected it will just not work.
which most of us do when the short out. i have never needed the fuel bowl heater, even in sub zero temps when we get them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the fuse will blow if the fuel bowl heater shorts out. if it is disconnected it will just not work.
which most of us do when the short out. i have never needed the fuel bowl heater, even in sub zero temps when we get them.
I’m in New Jersey. The winters aren’t too horrible so you’re saying this isn’t an issue? During winter I add some Power Service Diesel Additive Winter Anti-Gel formula.
Any ideas regarding the loss of power low gear feel wind sound?
Thank you for the reply. At least the fuel bowl isn’t the cause.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts