Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 7.3 runs great, no real issues, no leaks. However when i start the truck and let it warm up it after about 3 to 5 minutes it starts a awful hissing sound out the tailpipe. the truck rpm do not change and i can see the rod on the ebpv moving in and out. this continues until i hit the brake or throttle. sometimes the high idel will kick on and this wont happen until after the truck is at normal idel. I am geussing this is all caused by the ebpv, i was told it could be the solinoid? and i was also told to just unplug the ebpv? Im not sure what is best to do, it clearly functions just is not working correctly and kinda surges. If theres no downfall in unplugging it i wouldnt mind not hearing the loud sound.

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
There are no problems unplugging it.

I would also wire the rod in the open position to avoid any other problems

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
Yes when warm it should be open.

I forget just which way the rod moves for open or closed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes when warm it should be open.

I forget just which way the rod moves for open or closed.

Ok so as long as I unplug it when it's warm I shouldn't need to wire it open? Also would it be the solonoid that is causing it? My other question is will that stop my high idel from working..

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
There is a small tube that gets clogged with soot that runs up from the passenger side exhaust manifold to the sensor that controls the EBPV. You can remove it and clean it out to see if it makes a difference.

Just unplugging the electrical connection is what most owners do. I rather do both. It shouldn't bother the high idle any

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a small tube that gets clogged with soot that runs up from the passenger side exhaust manifold to the sensor that controls the EBPV. You can remove it and clean it out to see if it makes a difference.

Just unplugging the electrical connection is what most owners do. I rather do both. It shouldn't bother the high idle any

Ok perfect if it's unplugged is there any benefit to Cleaning the tube? Thanks for the info very helpful!

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
If you are going to run it disconnected don't worry about the tube

1 - 9 of 9 Posts