Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7.3 dead pedal no gauges replaced pedal and overdrive shift lever still no pedal.
Now what do I do? tried to search it but no luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had that to happen to my '99 in extremely cold weather but worked after warming up. Replaced the PCM relay and it never came back???

·
Administrator
8,238 Posts
Usually there is a short in the shifter column for the overdrive button. There should be a blown fuse somewhere.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know you replaced the pedal assembly, how did the harness look? Recheck the harness including all the pins. Was it a OEM or aftermarket pedal assembly? Any codes? A bi-directional scan tool is you best friend.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Usually there is a short in the shifter column for the overdrive button. There should be a blown fuse somewhere.
Exactly, it's a classic case. Here's a link showing how to fix it, also on your 2002 it will be fuse #45, I know you said no blown fuses but they can be easy to miss. I caught mine in the early stages before the fuse blew, (I was having OD button problems) and replaced the shifter and harness, the hole in the insulation was so tiny I almost didn't see it but I'll guarantee you it's there.:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnx3b29kbnRoaW5nczh8Z3g6NzhiYWJjM2Q5YjdmODQ4NQ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts