Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my truck was driving fine today and then out of no where it wouldnt shift out of second and I noticed my od light flashing. The speedo and everything works fine. Shifts fine between 1st & 2nd but will not shift further. Any ideas? Ive read around about it might being shift solenoid and some other stuff but some people also said it might be toast! Give me some good news!

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,305 Posts
Nobody knows what's wrong without knowing what code is stored. Get the codes read by someone that has a high end scan tool that can read Ford transmission codes. The auto parts stores don't have the right tools.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok cool im local to kevin mcgray ill see if he can hook up his computer to it and pull codes for me ill post codes later tonight

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so had kevin pull my codes and these are what I got. P0733, p0782, c123, p1876, b1359, u1027, u1262, b1352. Drove it today and no more flashing od light and shifted fine. After I drove it about 15 miles it did the same thing but minus the od light just wont shift out of second.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so ive read about it and some people said they went to ford and it was a alternator and they replaced it and the issue went away? Any thoughts

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,305 Posts
Neither of those codes indicate an electrical problem. There's a different code for that. It could be a problem with either the intermediate solenoid or the intermediate clutch.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Neither of those codes indicate an electrical problem. There's a different code for that. It could be a problem with either the intermediate solenoid or the intermediate clutch.
is the solenoid something i can access by pulling the trans pan and valve body?

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,305 Posts
Oops! For some reason I was thinking TorqShift, not 4R100.

It could be a stuck shift valve in the valve body or a problem with the intermediate clutch. It might also be a loose feed bolt behind the valve body allowing pressure to leak instead of feeding the clutch. It is unlikely to be a solenoid.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oops! For some reason I was thinking TorqShift, not 4R100.

It could be a stuck shift valve in the valve body or a problem with the intermediate clutch. It might also be a loose feed bolt behind the valve body allowing pressure to leak instead of feeding the clutch. It is unlikely to be a solenoid.
Ok so what would u recomend? New valve body or pull trans pan and see if anything looks out of place? Where would that bolt be behind the valve body? Sorry if I sound like a retard I just dont know anything about trans I can change a filter and ive put a valve body in and removed trans just dont undertsand the working order of them. But from what I understand u dont think my trans is "toast"?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ive also noticed after the truck sits over night when I drive it cold it will shift fine then starts to act up again 5miles or so down the road

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,305 Posts
That's leaning towards either a seal or the feed bolts. If you remove the valve body you will see the feed bolts. They need to be torqued correctly, not just tight or overtight. If that doesn't do it most likely the trans needs a rebuild. It doesn't make sense to pull a trans, tear it down, and only change one seal in a clutch. While it's apart renew everything.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok im running the truck by this mechanic that I know he builds race cars and built my trans in my lightning im gonna see what he says. I drove it alllllll day today and it messed up within the first 5mins of me driving it and then I parked grabbed a can of chew and hopped back in and the truck drove fine. I pushed the od button it came right out of od and pushed the button back on and it went right back in.... Im so stumped I hate transmissons haha

·
Registered
298 Posts
low voltage played havock on my transmission. i would definately get the alternator and the batteries tested. make sure all the connections are tight and clean.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.