Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past few months when i have been driving my truck begins to run ruff and loud and I start loosing power and blowing white smoke and than the truck dies when I stop. The local mechanic keeps putting it a computer and doing a test on my injectors. After the test the truck runs good for a day or so and than does it again. He than said to replace icp sensor which we did and the same thing is still happening. Any ideas ????????????

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is there any RPM's while its cranking? It could be your CPS. Replace it with one from ford or international, and that could be your fix. Dont get one from an auto parts store as it may cause problems (i know from experience)

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
You need the actual codes. The Icp will not shut the truck off. The ipr will however, its classic for the nut to fall off. Look to the bottom right of the fuel bowl and you will see it. Or search for ipr on here or on Google.

Might just be acam sensor but without codes, one can't really tell.

·
Paul
160 Posts
Could also be a fuel issue. Have you done any in-tank mods?
Again codes would help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys does this make sense i had a friend with me when my truck was acting up and he siad it sound like it was running out of gas i then opend up my fuel filter and there was berly anything in there so i put a new fuel pump on and it drove like crap at first but then it seemed to be fine i dont think it had all the power but it was running good then i turnd it off and let it sit for like 10m and when i started it back uo it was running ruff what now ????????????????
and no to the in tank mod and no codes

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Sounds like crap in the intake... Is the tank full.
Or almost empty. If empty more crap possible.
Now, if it is empty now would be a good time to drop it and either do the tank mod or clean it.

Personally i dont have time to do intank mods so id either add some fuel, or blow slight low pressure air back into the fuel line near the tank, but before the pump.. Not ideal as you have to separate the line but it may dislodge gook.

The fuel bowl should fill within seconds of turning the key to on, but not start.

You can add a fuel pressure guage to the bowl and see what kind of pressure it has.

I assume no ovious leaks, ie left drain valve open.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
But i would also ask marty about fuel issues first, he is far more familar.
some day i will get around to one of his systems.

·
Paul
160 Posts
It sounds like the screens in the mixing chamber inside the tank are plugged. Do a fuel pressure check to be sure. If they are, do intank Hutch mod and never worry about it again.

·
Paul
160 Posts
Here is a step-by-step with photos of how it's done.
Welcome to guzzle's In-tank Hutch Mod Web Page
For the pre-pump filter you do not need to go nearly as fancy. You can use a cheap inline filter such as NAPA 3007, Wix 33007, Baldwin BF 7725.

·
Paul
160 Posts
Dusty has faster fingers than I do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts