Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Ontaribertan.
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I need to get my chip reflashed for a new truck and I didn't want to take the PCM out to check the code unless I had to. Does anyone know what my code would be? Its a 2001 F250 SCLB Lariat 4x4. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Well.......

Does it have a glow plug relay or a glow plug control module?
Is it a manual or automatic transmission?

Seriously though, it isn't that hard to get the PCM out and besides, you'll have to take it out anyways to put the chip in. You might as well take the PCM out so you know for sure, prepare the PCM circuit board, and modify the black plastic case so when the chip does arrive, it takes you about 6 seconds to install it.

·
The Ontaribertan.
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea fair enough, I'll just take it out. I just wanted to mail off the chip and drive the truck in the meantime, but as you said it only takes a minute to take in and out. Thanks.

·
Registered
360 Posts
You might be able to have Jody (assuming DP Tuner from your sig) look it up with the VIN on Ford's tech site using the VCIS Info (Build info). When I looked mine up (I have connections), mine shows the calibration. Some don't.

Best way is to check the label on the PCM.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If it hasn't faded or fallen off, sometimes there is a sticker on either the door or door jamb towards the front of the truck.

·
The Ontaribertan.
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I am going to check the door jam as well. Worst case scenario I'll just pull the PCM, its not a big deal. I'd rather do that and be sure the tuning will go well. Thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts