Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m new to the forums.

I have my 2001 powerstroke.
While driving down the road and at idle, it will cut out and rev up. It will also sometimes will die. After this happens my OD light flashes and doesn’t work. I tried unplugging the fuel bowl heater and nothing happened. My batteries are both over 12 volts. My cigarette lighter port things both work. I also tried scanning it and there were no codes.
If anyone has an idea what the issue might be please let me know. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi I’m new to the forums.

I have my 2001 powerstroke.
While driving down the road and at idle, it will cut out and rev up. It will also sometimes will die. After this happens my OD light flashes and doesn’t work. I tried unplugging the fuel bowl heater and nothing happened. My batteries are both over 12 volts. My cigarette lighter port things both work. I also tried scanning it and there were no codes.
If anyone has an idea what the issue might be please let me know. Thank you in advance
I also put a new IPR in and that didn’t work

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Welcome to PSN! What kind of scanner do you have? My standard blurb on scanners:
"I would recommend that you first invest in FORScan (forscan.org) and a suitable adapter. I have an OBDLink EX usb adapter (should you wish to use a computer to collect data), or take a look at either a BAFX or OBDLink unit. Both BAFX/OBDLink have a bluetooth/Wifi units (there are a few folks around here that recommend them) that will would work with a smart phone (Run of the mill box store scanners and even a great number of the higher end scanners can't touch these trucks as Ford used the "heavy duty diesel" protocol for communication). Once you are setup I would capture data.. At minimum I would save RPM (really this is CPS), ICP, IPR, MAP, EOT and IVS (at least I think that is the PID for the go petal). FORScan will allow you to save the data as a .csv file which you can import into excel. The information you get from the truck will help identify what your problem really is without just "throwing parts" at the truck."

Cj

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the info. Before I do anything else I have more info. I just had a buddy hook up his matco scan tool and it pulled a B1352 code. Anyone have any ideas on what that might be? Before I pull all that data?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
A Bxxxx code is a body computer code and really doesn't have anything to do with the PCM. All the PCM codes will start with a P. Found this: B1352 Ford: Code Meaning, Causes, Symptoms, & Tech Notes
I drive an OBS truck so I don't have all the newer computers to think about.. In my reading, there is a GEM module that often fails (mostly by water intrusion from leaking/damaged windshield seals or support metal) that effects many systems in the +99 trucks. Data from the PCM will help determine what the problem really is.

Cj

·
Premium Member
99 & 00, F350s, manual and auto, Ext & Crew Cab, 4x2 & 4x4, need more room!
3,480 Posts
Thank you for the info. Before I do anything else I have more info. I just had a buddy hook up his matco scan tool and it pulled a B1352 code. Anyone have any ideas on what that might be? Before I pull all that data?
It threw that code on my truck because the previous owner had disconnected the ding-ding-ding when you leave your keys in the truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts