Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 F350 7.3 Powerstroke
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I've looked all over and I have seen similar situations but not one exactly like mine. When my truck is in Park and Drive it sounds like a rattle is coming from the transmission area (I'm inside the truck), it doesn't seem to get much worse when I accelerate or step on the gas. When my truck is in Neutral or Reverse it does not seem to make any noise, even when moving and giving it gas in reverse. I think it might be the flexplate but it's weird that no noise happens in reverse. Truck also has Banks Power Pack on it and Banks chip. Has anyone else had this issue thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Have you dropped the inspection cover? What does the fluid look like? When is the last time it was changed? Have you considered dropping the pan?

·
Registered
2001 F350 7.3 Powerstroke
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I changed the trans fluid about 15,000 miles ago, I pulled the dipstick and the color looked good still. I pulled the cover and looked at the Flexplate and the teeth look good but besides that I don’t know for sure.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Back in the day I replaced my converter . A stock one that rattled at idle with a rebuilt 3 disc converter. At 75000 miles it was going good , just needed something to do. Included a shift kit . The mechanic was happy and it worked well. The problem was common in the 99 7.3 @ that time . The Gov Holmes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts