Banks techni-cooler
S&B cold air intake
CFM+ intake manifold
Exhaust wrap
BD up-pipes
TS 6-position chip 75,100,140hp

Besides that I'm stock.

I would like to get stage 1 injectors from full force diesel
And would also like to get a gtp38r ball bearing turbo. I've been looking for a good used one, but if I can't find one I'll get one from riffraff diesel. Also if I behave with my driving can I keep my stock clutch? It has only about 140,xxx mIles on it.

If I left anything out I'll post back.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
160/30 will get you there ($1300?)
Studs (recommended) ($600)
Kc gtp38r ($1600)
Gauges ($350) egt, transmission, boost
Pedestal deleted ($160-250)

4r100 with min of billet input, all steel planetaries, transgo shift kit under $2500 if doing it at home or purchased $4000 (Sam Wise stg1)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,240 Posts
Yes to 160/30's, delete pedestal, and kc38r.
Studs wouldn't hurt but not needed. Hutch/harpoon mods and a quad feed kit from cncfab or a frx from riff raff for fuel. The clutch won't last. It's about worn out anyway.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have full force 1.5 they are 180/30 in mine with ts chip custom tunes GTP38R built trans. I also have frx and hutch harpoon mod and the 6637 intake. For you stock clutch won’t hold need upgrade your turbo will work just need to keep your eye on the egt’s

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies! Which ones are better and quieter for the 01? 160/30 or 180/30? Which gauges do y'all recommend? I'm thinkin I'll go with autometer.

Thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don’t think 160 to 180 size injector sound any different. I difference will be going from split shot to single shot injector it will sound like a obs 7.3

·
Administrator
8,240 Posts
Split shots are more oil hungry. I would just run some single shots.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but can I get stage 1.5's that are split shot? Which is most fuel efficient?
I just installed a set of FFD stage 1.5's and a TS6 with custom tunes for the single shots. Truck already has 6637 intake, 4" exhaust, OBS wheel. I have not had it on the dyno but I can tell you the power increase is significant.

I have not gone through a tank yet so I cant be exact on the mileage, but the last tank was 1/2 350,000 mile OEM injectors, 1/2 FFD stage 1.5's, and I got 16mpg. Considering I used to get 14.5 consistently and it's really hard to keep out of the skinny pedal with this much power, I saw a significant increase in efficiency.

·
Registered
5 Posts
​ DieselDC;5866385 said:
14.5 duallies correct?

Not sure I understand.

If you are asking if my truck is a dually, no, it's a SCLB SRW. So I have a slight weight advantage there.

·
Registered
232 Posts
My mileage increase on my extended cab long bed went from 14.5 to 17.5 my setup is 180/30 GTP38R 6637 4”exhaust and fuel mods.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just installed a set of FFD stage 1.5's and a TS6 with custom tunes for the single shots. Truck already has 6637 intake, 4" exhaust, OBS wheel. I have not had it on the dyno but I can tell you the power increase is significant.

I have not gone through a tank yet so I cant be exact on the mileage, but the last tank was 1/2 350,000 mile OEM injectors, 1/2 FFD stage 1.5's, and I got 16mpg. Considering I used to get 14.5 consistently and it's really hard to keep out of the skinny pedal with this much power, I saw a significant increase in efficiency.
Thanks for your input. Yeah, I agree, with anything that has more power it's hard to stay off the skinny. Especially me, out in the country on the farm when we're busy I really take advantage of what it can do, but the more I have to visit the fillin station, the more I "try" to be careful!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks for the replies! Which ones are better and quieter for the 01? 160/30 or 180/30? Which gauges do y'all recommend? I'm thinkin I'll go with autometer.

Thanks
I highly recommend glowshift. In my 97 i have a 4 gauge a pillar setup and I love it. They offer a lot of options for gauges too. I went with the 7 color series because i didn't like the limited amount of options with the digital gauges. I believe they have the same 4 gauge a pillar setup for the nbs 7.3's. Depending on the your application and what you think is most important to measure will change what gauges you need. My obs is my daily/ occasional tow rig so I went with egt ( which I believe is a must have for all trucks), boost ( because I like seeing that dial spin when I hit the pedal), HPOP pressure ( so I know if my HPOP is still running healthy), and rear differential temp ( so I know if my rear end is getting too hot towing up a grade). Some other cool tidbits is that the 7 color series, as the title suggests, has 7 different colors for the gauge display so you can match your gauges with whatever color your dash display is. Mine is all green and on America's birthday I like to be patriotic and change them to red white and blue. They also have a color changing setting where it will fade in and out of each color (my 3 year old nephew loves to change the colors on them).The other nice feature is that you can solder into your headlight controls and have the gauges dim (like 10 or 15% or something) when your headlights turn on so the gauges aren't too bright at night.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts