Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...the other day my A/C decided not to blow through the vents anymore (dash, floor, or defrost). When I click on the switch, the compressor is kicking on but nothing coming in the cab. Is the blowe motor out? Or, is there something else I'm missing? I checked the fuses related to the system and all was good there. any info would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks!!!

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
LOL, well the motor does turn a fan, so if the motor doesnt run the fan wont turn. Id say start there and then make sure you have vacume to the controls, if that all checks out, then I would say you have a bad control head for the climate control system.

Dan

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
If your fan isn't turning on at all your going to need a blower motor resistor. Their 12 bucks or so. That control is all eletrical, not vacumm.

·
blame the dog..
1,945 Posts
there's also a blower motor relay (actually, two of them, one l-lm-m, one high)...
if the blower doesn't run at all, you need to chase power with a test light before you throw any parts at all at it..

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Good to know... Guess I've lucked out in the past with the resistors... I think it's obvious we skipped past the easy stuff :doh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts