Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 F250 128000 Miles Never chipped New Batteries, New Cam Sensor, New throttle sensor, New ignition relays,
Problem is the motor dies like key is turned off, lights on dash come on after happens like key is turned back on.
No rain dry weather. some time does going down highway and restarts, then you can drive for hours with no problems.
Can't figure it out?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check ignition switch
I have seen this on my 6.0, it was the cam position sensor.po broke the pigtail and it would not lock.check crankshaft sensor and cam conections and engine harness for bare wires.i would also check relays.i had to go through my whole engine harness it had 4 or 5 bare wires underneath the fuel bowl.on the pigtails make sure all the metal contacts inside the plugs are all were they are suppose to be,sometimes they can get pushed back in the plug.this is where I would start,sounds like a wire not making good contact.im no certified tech but this is what I would do.

·
Administrator
8,177 Posts
So if it’s a late 01 (digital odometer). Check for a little black box labeled high voltage under the air box. It corrodes and cuts all power. Cut it on both sides of the box and connect them back together

·
Registered
303 Posts
I did not know that the new electrical system with the digital odometer went into any 2001 MY trucks, I thought that didn't start till 2002 MY.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a problem very similar to this. Does the engine shut off after you have been driving a while? Does it start back up after it has had time to cool down? If so, it sounds like your Injector Pressure Regulator (IPR) solenoid is bad. Unfortunately you can't just buy the solenoid. You will have to buy the IPR( about $160.00 on Amazon), which is the valve and solenoid. There are plenty of Youtube videos for replacing the entire IPR. But, I tested mine by just replacing the solenoid.
Let us know what you ended up doing to fix your problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts