Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started months ago where I would have to wiggle the shifter while turning the key before it would start. Now my remote start wont work because the truck doesnt think its in park. And today, the truck actually started to roll and you could hear park trying to engage.

There must be an adjustment somewhere, but I cant find it. The transmission works and shifts fine, it must be a linkage issue.

Please help

·
Administrator
8,468 Posts
under the dash on the back of the steering column, there are two torx screws that connect the shift cable to the shift tube. they loosen up.
if those screws are tight, then you will need to adjust the cable under the truck at the shift arm on the trans.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds like it could be it. By back of steering column, do you mean it is on the column, between the column and the dash, or is it facing towards the floor?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Just had his happen on the 05 work truck... The spring on the parking pawl was shot. It's a teeny little "L" that engages when in park. The spring failed and it rolled a couple times and then finally ended wiggling into the trans on the expressway and wound up shearing the driveshaft where it meets the transmission on the output shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,468 Posts
up under the back of the dash at the end of the shift tube is the only way i can explain it. you have to get down on the floor with your head around the brake pedal to look up and see it. a flashlight helps too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts