Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in getting a price on some tuning. What would you suggest for this situation?

2001 F-250 7.3L, Auto trans. (PMR rods)
8 inch lift, 37 inch tires, stock 3.73 gears.
4 inch downpipe, 5 inch straight pipe MBRP exhaust, K&N FIPK intake.
Pyro, boost, and trans temp gauges.

All else on the engine is stock. Im not looking to make it any faster really, just a bit more efficient on the road, and better at handling the towing of my travel trailer. (about 6500 lbs max) some lower EGTs would always be a plus.

Please let me know what you suggest.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
I am interested in getting a price on some tuning. What would you suggest for this situation?

2001 F-250 7.3L, Auto trans. (PMR rods)
8 inch lift, 37 inch tires, stock 3.73 gears.
4 inch downpipe, 5 inch straight pipe MBRP exhaust, K&N FIPK intake.
Pyro, boost, and trans temp gauges.

All else on the engine is stock. Im not looking to make it any faster really, just a bit more efficient on the road, and better at handling the towing of my travel trailer. (about 6500 lbs max) some lower EGTs would always be a plus.

Please let me know what you suggest.
Thanks
We can help you with everything you need. You will want to recalibrate the speedometer for the tire size if you haven't already to bring the shifting in correctly and factor mpg's accurately.

With the mods you have standard tuning is all you need. Do you want just new programming or do you need hardware as well? Give any of us a call 828-221-0076

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a superlift tru-speed to correct the speedometer. As for hardware I have none, What would be the most basic way to go?

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
I have a superlift tru-speed to correct the speedometer. As for hardware I have none, What would be the most basic way to go?

The F5 chip with a Hi-idle, 80 tow, 60 or 80 daily (60 for highway and 80 for in town), anything more is your choice. With your mods I would do the 120 race if you want a play tune. No start and stock are included with the purchase of the chip and switcher.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds about right, I dont even think I would use the 120 race, but it could be fun to have as long as you guys say its safe. I have the Ford high idle controller so the high idle tune would be a bit redundant. How much is it for the F5 with 80 tow, 60 or 80 daily, and 120?

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
That sounds about right, I dont even think I would use the 120 race, but it could be fun to have as long as you guys say its safe. I have the Ford high idle controller so the high idle tune would be a bit redundant. How much is it for the F5 with 80 tow, 60 or 80 daily, and 120?
Ah yes, I didn't see the AIC...

Give us a call and we'll be glad to give you a price. 828-221-0076

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will do, thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts