Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any info will be appreciated. I have a 06 f250 with the 6.0. while in park it runs smooth from idle 725-2000 rpm. I can slowly give it throttle and as soon as it gets right at 2000 rpms, it starts missing and misfireing , sounds like one or 2 cylinders. But I can slowly bring the rpms down below 2000rpms and it clears up again. It is not throwing any codes. It also does it on the highway to. It has alot of mods including Warren injectors, bigger turbo, new injector harness, dyno tunes and plenty more. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks to any info.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,169 Posts
What are you using to check for codes?

Can you monitor the ICP pressure and IPR % duty cycle when it is acting up?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have both edge monitor and sct hand held. I can check the icp sensor and it sensor but I haven't.
Does the 6.0 have a cam sensor or just a crank sensor? I've already replaced crank sensor.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,169 Posts
You will lose rpm signal w/ a bad crank sensor - and the truck won't start - and it will throw a crank sensor code.

You do have a cam sensor. When it is bad the truck won't start - and it will throw a bad cam sensor code.

You will lose cam/crank sync and FICM sync w/ a bad cam or crank sensor.

You can spend a lot of money on the 6.0L guessing at problems.

IMO it is injector related. That is why I am interested in the ICP and IPR. Rough running at higher rpms is a classic symptom of a bad IPR valve. That said, a bad injector or two can behave this way also. It doesn't matter if the Warren injectors are new .... do some searches, they have had many of theirs go bad soon after install. The good news is they are great w/ customer service and warranty.

Neither the Edge nor the SCT (especially the SCT) are good code readers. They do not pull codes from all modules.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thank you. At idle 725 rpms the ipr is at 34% and the icp is 770. At 2300 rpms the ipr is at 65% and the icp is at 1600-1675. Also when I get it up to the rpms when it starts misfiring, it surges up and down 100-300 rpms.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,169 Posts
You might try running w/ the ICP sensor unplugged.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,169 Posts
If the ICP sensor is flaky in the upper range you can get some surging. With the sensor unplugged the ICP value will be estimated by the PCM.

IMO it is most likely an injector.

ForScan Lite is a great code reader. It will retrieve codes that many other (cheap) code readers won't. It might reveal some injector codes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok thank you for the info. I'll try that. If I figure it out I'll let you know. If I can't figure it out, I'll just throw a bigger jet in it for more dope, haha?

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,169 Posts
lol .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts