Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 50-70mph when I touch the brake pedal the truck instantly goes to neutral anyone else have this problem what did you do to fix it thanks

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,199 Posts
It should unlock the torque converter when you touch the brake pedal, but not go to neutral. How did you confirm that it is going to neutral?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should unlock the torque converter when you touch the brake pedal, but not go to neutral. How did you confirm that it is going to neutral?
Well I just drops Rpms and acts like neutral until I give it throttle. If I let off the throttle pedal for more than 20 seconds it also acts like it goes in neutral and I think it’s at all speeds not just 50-70

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,199 Posts
The way to diagnose what's going on is with live data. You can download Forscan free at www.forscan.org. Their website tells you how to select an adapter to plug into the OBDII port. I bought my adapter from Amazon for less than $30.

Once you have that you can record the transmission's gear ratio as this is happening and we can see what's going on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The way to diagnose what's going on is with live data. You can download Forscan free at www.forscan.org. Their website tells you how to select an adapter to plug into the OBDII port. I bought my adapter from Amazon for less than $30.

Once you have that you can record the transmission's gear ratio as this is happening and we can see what's going on.
Ok thanks mark for your time I’ll get that ans get back with you thanks for your time sir and there’s no check engine light on and no stored codes just wanted to add that. I have a cheaper scan tool and a programmer that pulls codes also. Thanks again

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,199 Posts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts