Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tax season is upon us. That being said I have set aside about $2000 for mods to my truck. I have a 06 F350 DRW with 4:30 rear end. Might change out the gears later for better highway mileage but don't know yet. I want to add an intake, turbo back exhaust,gauges and chip. I am asking those with exp. on the 6.0 for their input.

I use my truck to pull a 18 foot enclosed trailer with 4 race bikes to and from the track..... 35 foot 5th wheel hopefully will be coming soon. The truck has 21000 miles on it and is bone stock. I really dont use it much as a everyday driver but that can always change. Any input you guys/gals have would be helpful.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Cant go wrong with MBRP exhaust and AFE Intake.......I know a few people with 6.0L that love their SCT tunes.

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
yea just put the MBRP cool duals on my GF's 6oh sounds great and went reletivily easily.. AFE is a good intake, and everyone I talk to loves their SCT tuner, however you choice on the tuner, there are alot of good guys that use the SCT for their tunes

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
sct (with custom tunes from elite, dj, or innovative), autometer, AFE, magnaflow or mbrp. That what i would do with 2k

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
I agree with Logan

·
Registered
646 Posts
Instead of spending the $300+ bucks on the AFE stage II intake go and buy the AFE direct replacement filter for 60 to 80 bucks and perform a zoodad mod on that truck and you will save some cash. Buy MBRP cool duals in the 409 stainless or aluminized as they all perform the same buy cost signifigantly less than the 304 or 409 stainless. Call Accufab and buy one of their performance intake elbows they will give you a little better milage and slightly less tubo lag off the line. Buy a PPE programer with the 10 levels of tuning instead of the SCT with custon tunes. They SCT's are great and i use the SCT but you need head studs to run them hard all the time. The PPE however i have used in drag racing and never had any coolant/head issuses without studs. This is just my 02 c and i have owned/operated a diesel performance/offroad shop and tried everything out there for the 6.0. Oh yeah auto-meter for the piilar & guages, tranny,pyro, boost 40 psi is all u need.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Instead of spending the $300+ bucks on the AFE stage II intake go and buy the AFE direct replacement filter for 60 to 80 bucks and perform a zoodad mod on that truck and you will save some cash. Buy MBRP cool duals in the 409 stainless or aluminized as they all perform the same buy cost signifigantly less than the 304 or 409 stainless. Call Accufab and buy one of their performance intake elbows they will give you a little better milage and slightly less tubo lag off the line. Buy a PPE programer with the 10 levels of tuning instead of the SCT with custon tunes. They SCT's are great and i use the SCT but you need head studs to run them hard all the time. The PPE however i have used in drag racing and never had any coolant/head issuses without studs. This is just my 02 c and i have owned/operated a diesel performance/offroad shop and tried everything out there for the 6.0. Oh yeah auto-meter for the piilar & guages, tranny,pyro, boost 40 psi is all u need.
Thanks!

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
This is how it all starts haha..sounds good though..you get all that you are going to the one blowing smoke on my truck next time

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gauges, MBRP downpipe-4" or 5" staight pipe, SCT, stage 1 fuel system, accufab elbow. Should have couple hundred left.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is how it all starts haha..sounds good though..you get all that you are going to the one blowing smoke on my truck next time
It started the second I got it!!!!! Seeing you guys go by putting out black smoke didn't help either... Cant wait to get the mods started!!!!:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I have to disagree, duals are a waste if u are looking for performance. As far as the PPE its good, but I like the ability to have custom tunes loaded, leaves room to grow. And the intake Afe stage II thats is the best intake ive installed. And if u want an intake horn go with the CFM +. And for the boost gauge go with a 60psi.

·
Street Terror
64 Posts
Gauges, MBRP downpipe-4" or 5" staight pipe, SCT, stage 1 fuel system, accufab elbow. Should have couple hundred left.
What he said is a perfect setup. The SCT is the only tuner to have if you ever do any other mods it can be programed for those mods. Go with the 5" MBRP it sounds alot better.

·
Registered
775 Posts
deff. the intake and straight pipes sct is awsome and i had bully dog and sold it to kainers but guages mane i have spek and omg ther freaking awsome check umm out 7 diff color settings brushless motors and jsut got signed to jeggs and other big companys i live local to them so i now pretty good bit about umm

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
i dont know of you were planning on it but 20% tint on the front windows to match the back will really set the looks off...especially with that white..

the guy that did mine here in gville did a super job on it

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont know of you were planning on it but 20% tint on the front windows to match the back will really set the looks off...especially with that white..

the guy that did mine here in gville did a super job on it
Who did the work?

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
Its that shop over there beside the Arbys on gville blvd its part of the speaker shop across the road...i think it was $120 or something like w/ lifetime warranty thats with a strip on the windshield...a guy about 22 or so did it drove a white cobra..not sure if he is still there but he was going to ECU so probably but the cuts are perfect and almost to the edge of the glass..they even ask all their tint customers to come back in like 4 days so they can make sure its up to their standards..i thought that was pretty cool

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
strip on the windshield is 5% and a little low like an extra set of sunglasses...also makes a big difference on the darkness of all the other windows as well

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its that shop over there beside the Arbys on gville blvd its part of the speaker shop across the road...i think it was $120 or something like w/ lifetime warranty thats with a strip on the windshield...a guy about 22 or so did it drove a white cobra..not sure if he is still there but he was going to ECU so probably but the cuts are perfect and almost to the edge of the glass..they even ask all their tint customers to come back in like 4 days so they can make sure its up to their standards..i thought that was pretty cool
I know the shop your talking about. Thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts