Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 powerstoke has been leaking for a few months not very bad but i have started to notice it leaking more and more every day expecailly when i push it hard it is coming off the top somewhere and running on top of the bell housing i was thinking maybe my turbo any one have any ideas

Thanks
Gib

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just had the same thing. It was one of the outlet fittinings leaking on the HPOP. Go to search then thread then type hpop leak. It should help you out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Or the EBPV actuator rod in the pedestal...or the pedestal o-rings...mine was leaking bad outta the acutuator rod hole for the EBPV. I gutted it and havent had a problem since.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had the same problem it was a cracked Turbo Pedestal.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Or the EBPV actuator rod in the pedestal...or the pedestal o-rings...mine was leaking bad outta the acutuator rod hole for the EBPV. I gutted it and havent had a problem since.
Same problem i had with mine.. gutted EBPV and put a diff pedistal on and that fixed my leak...

·
Registered
37 Posts
just had the same thing happen, it was the HPOP O-rings. I ended up replacing the whole fitting with both o-rings because it was only $5 more than just the o-rings. It was a pretty easy fix except I screwed up one of the lines trying to get them off. Snap-On make the line removal tool and it is only like $25. I wish I would have waited for the tool before I tore into the project. It would have saved me $165 for the line I damaged. Also, clean the top of the motor real well because mine dripped oil from the valley even after a good cleaning for nearly a week!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok ill look in to those one other thing is when im crusing along the road the rpms jump around only some times ford replaced the pedal once before when i went to take of from a light the pedal movied but the truck did not niether did the rpms any suggestions

1 - 9 of 9 Posts