Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
power stroke smoke
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i get up and go to start my truck and its pluged in.. well it wont start so i changed the ICP, and CPS and still no start.. batteries are good PCM is good ,IDM is good any one have any ideas

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
where ya at in tn? does it even turn over? if so any smoke out the exhaust? can ya hear the small click from the glowplugs? anything about it will help.

·
power stroke smoke
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it will crank and just a little bit of white smoke. Its not really been cold enough for the fuel to gel up . I have put addative in the fuel. Glow plugs go through their cycle . I haven't jumped the post but i will try that.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Check fuses
The fuel bowl heater has been known to kick out a fuse that has several circuits tied to it like the PCM relay, fuel pump relay, fuel bowl heater.
If this is the case unplug the fuel bowl heater located on the back of the fuel bowl and leave it unplugged and replace fuse.

·
power stroke smoke
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i put in a new IPR in today and it didnt change anything, My bowl heater as been unpluged since it wouldn't start that was one of the first things i done and check my fuses and relays, all of them are good. GPR is good also Im going to try a fuel pressure test and see what kind PSI i have. Im kinda thanking that it could be my fuel pump gone bad.. what do yall thank :confused:

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Check the relays in the fuse box under the hood. Also check the diode in there.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
It could be. Did you check the diode? It supplies power to the PCM relay and to the IDM relay. Test it with a multimeter, it should have continuity in one direction, and not in the other, It will only fit in in one direction.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
In the under hood fuse box. Right under the relays. Also, is your fuel pump running. When you turn on the key, it should run for a few seconds. If you are quick, you can turn the key on and jump out and stick your head under the truck and hear it.

A quick, easy fuel pressure check. Find the drain tube for the bowl. Stick a piece of hose on it, run it into a container. With the key on, it should pump a quart in about fifteen seconds.

·
Buffalo Diesel
280 Posts
When my pump wasn't working, I found out because I pulled the fuel filter, drained the bowl and hit the key. No fuel got pumped to the bowl.

·
power stroke smoke
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well I got it rolling again dont know what it was i went out this morning and cranked it about four times and she fired right up, hell if I know after all the work and parts i put on it and after 2 weeks it just decides to fire up :mad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts