Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble with my truck running rough for a period of time when I first start it up. The service engine light comes on while it is doing it. I drive it for about about four miles and the light goes off and it smooths out and runs fine until I shut it down overnight. I had the codes checked at advance but i dont think their code reader works on these trucks so it didnt show any codes. Has anyone ever heard of one doing this? Im sure its a sensor, just dont know which one, I have had to replace the crank position 3 times and the pedal assembly twice, also had to replace the speed sensor in the rear end. It runs great with all the power it has always had after a few miles of cutting back and the engine gets warm. Thanks

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Maybe the ICP sencer. Just throwin out ideas.

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
It might be easier to just get a scanner that will work with your truck. It might be a really simple fix if you could get a code.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
It might be easier to just get a scanner that will work with your truck. It might be a really simple fix if you could get a code.
exactly what he said.

since the CEL came on then a code has been stored. best scanner for these trucks is AE another good choice is a snap on type scanner that read powerstrokes.

whats your location there may be a member in your area or close by that can help.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Have your alternator checked. Sounds stupid, but that's what mine did when it went out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the codes from diesel power in greenville SC today, P1275 cylinder 5 high to low side open, replacing injector 5, 748 dollars. I have no time to do this, injector 5 is on the passenger side and it is very hard to get to, so Im letting them do it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
pass side is the easy side LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i replaced glow plugs on the driver side 2 years ago, looked at the pass side, said the heck with that and found the glow plug relay was bad

·
Registered
842 Posts
lol I get them both off inabout 15 minutes there simple to me and a qtr inch rachets my best friend lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had to do that when we were in durham nc with my 4 year old at duke for bone marrow transplant. we were living at an apartment complex and people were looking at me like i was crazy while I was all the way under the hood of this big ol truck, it was kinda funny, but i froze my butt off.

·
Registered
842 Posts
lol sorry to hear about your kid everything goin good now?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes he is doing fantastic, he was diagnosed with leukemia in 2006 and relapsed in 2008, he is one tuff 5 year old

·
Registered
842 Posts
sounds like it I am a first time dad my little one is 9 months now and thankfully all we have had to deal with is jandice and he's gettin tubs in his ears monday

1 - 14 of 14 Posts