Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new ts chip and I had cleaned everything disconnected the batteries had keys out etc the ts card that came with it had no writing on it whatsoever so I had installed and removed it several times.
I install it and get no start,no wait to start,ses light stays on but I have my old sct x3 tuner which I know should be able to read codes? It says unable to read...unless I can't connect to obd port while chip installed...
I remove chip plug it all bag in and everything works fine? Could the chip be blank?

·
Super Moderator
8,059 Posts
Could be chow well did you clean the contacts on the board?

·
Super Moderator
8,059 Posts
That's normal. Sounds like the chip is blank. Either try and return it or have it reburned

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called and talked to a ts csr and he too me that the 1180406 is a programmed chip for stock high idles 50 75 100 140 and the 1180401 is the unburnt that can have tunes installed but I believe they might have me send it back

·
Super Moderator
8,059 Posts
Re: 2000 ford f250 7.3l gtp38r upgrade exhaust and intake upgrade 8" lift n 38s

Send it back and have them test it or reburn it. . You did clean both sides of the pcm right?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: They were pretty quick to get me a new chip they even overnighted it and guess what it works perfect! Now what can I do with the old one they never asked for back?reburn maybe or garbage lol?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,059 Posts
You can try and sell it but who knows if it works. You can try and reburn it but that's just extra money. But the tunes you have now should just be stock ts tunes and they kind of suck. So paying a little more for better tunes might interest you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They Defenitly amp up my truck tho that's for sure maybe I'll see if I can find a good person to burn tunes on this one because the card came blank so i don't know if anything is even on there to begin with unless the chip was just bad to begin with

1 - 13 of 13 Posts