Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So blew the clutches in my transmission due to a failed front seal. While it’s parked I would like to do some things to it but need help! Right now I’m running a 4” lift in the back and 3” lift in the front. It is a 2wd but I would like to find a way to get 6” out of the front of my truck. It’s on coils.
I also am going to do a thermostat and coolant flush on it. Is there anything I should be watching for as I complete this? Issues I will run into?
I also want to rebuild/replace my injectors since my cups are leaking but what can this truck handle? It has roughly 265k miles.
I also want to change my rear diff fluid since it hasn’t been done since I’ve owned it and no record on when it was done last.
and a new exhaust as for mine has been slowly rotting off about 1’ at a time over the last year and it’s getting shorter and shorter
I am not looking to build a drag truck or anything as it will be back to being my daily/work truck when it’s fixed and completed. But I want just a little more out of it. With a lift. I am currently running 35x12.5x20s on it. I will also be looking into extra gauges and a ts6 position tuner.
Any and all help/guidance would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Good Luck, Mikle95 - I am rebuilding mine, too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally sourced a trans. Pulled my old one out and installed a new to me trans. My old torque converter has something loose inside. I’m going to cut it open this week to see what went wrong internally.

moving forward with repairs I noticed my coolant gauge in the truck only comes up a little above a quarter. Can anyone help me in this direction towards a new temp sensor. I picked up an oil temp sensor to replace. Just wanna make sure everything is on the up and up before I daily drive it again

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had the same issue with the temp gauge on my 2001, ended up being a thermostat stuck partially open and that also took out 6 injector cups before I could fix it. Should have rebuilt the trans yourself man, it's a fun project and a great learning experience. With those miles, I wouldn't suggest much more than stock but if you just want a little more, go with stage 1's. It's an awesome upgrade and by itself with a basic turbo rebuild will really wake up the truck. If you do anything to your motor, you need to match it with the trans. At a minimum, get an upgraded accumulator body to sharpen up the shifts a bit. I can't suggest one as I prefer to do everything myself and bought a transgo kit with some added sonnax goodies. Either way, you will dramatically lengthen the life of the trans with a good accumulator body. I would also suggest resealing the oil cooler since you're draining the coolant and getting an upper radiator hose that goes around the serp belt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts