Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
StrokeIt2000
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Ford F250 and I am just wanting to see what type of mileage I should be getting out of my truck between fill ups. I think mines a little low. I have stock 3.73 gears, 35x12.5x18's, 6.5" pro comp lift, DIY Tymar, Edge CS programmer set on Extreme (100hp), 4" turbo back with no muffler. I am getting 315 miles per fill up and thats putting in between 24.5 and 25 gallons.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
I would think you would get better than that, but it all depends on driving habits. How many miles are on your truck? You could have a weak HPOP.

I get about 16 mpg out of my truck, of course I only have 285's, and different tuning too.

·
StrokeIt2000
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have just over 200k on the truck and I baby the truck for the most part. But I don't put on highway miles either. It's mainly around town and in the country 55mph

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
I have the same truck but i have a zf6 and 285's with an 2.5in lift and i got 19.3mpg half town and half highway last fill up with my mods in sig.

·
StrokeIt2000
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats awesome. I am currently in the market for some new injectors and customs tunes from PHP on my Edge CS. Hopefully that will make a big difference. Just want to make sure that I don't have any problems I need to take care of first.

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
I let my truck warm up for a little over 5 minutes in the morning before i drive it also. Do you let it set and idle much? And what kind of driving do you do? Mostly highway? Mostly town? 50/50?

·
StrokeIt2000
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I let it sit and idle for a couple minutes before I take off. When it comes to driving it's mostly town and country driving. 60mph and less. Rairly does it see the highway.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
The injectors, turbo, a better HPOP, and good tuning will give you an increase in MPGs. As long as you keep your foot out of the go-fast pedal most of the time.

·
1,084 Posts
12-13 MPG for a lifted CC with 315s, 4x4, automatic, driven mostly in town - - sounds about par for the course.

Don't let her idle more than a few seconds. With HEUI, if the engine is running, you have oil pressure. These engines are so efficient it will take all day to warm them up unless you put a light load on them. In-town driving will warm them up in a couple miles.

I've tried injectors - no joy. I cannot see how HPOP will improve MPG.

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
kinda seems like the lift is hurting.

Saturday morning to Sunday night, i drove 182 miles. horrible up and down hills 30-55mph. and a few blasts on the highway @ 70-75.

top'd off sunday night with 10.1 gallons.... so call it 18 even? in the "80E" tune.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts