Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running rough code stating cyl 8 not functioning properly did injector buzz test several times over the last 3 weeks and has changed originally 1 weak and 1 not buzzing now 3 weak buzz and 1 not buzzing with it being cylinders 3,5,6,8 rpms range from 650-680 at idle.

IHT is deleted and exhaust back pressure valve is deleted with the ccv mod done(not by me). As well as the compression tester on passenger side that unplugs and goes to battery to roll over has been deleted.

Trying to get this fixed soon batteries were shot just replaced and doing other fixes on body but wondering if an ipc or idm could be the culprit of this and I have no one to borrow an idm from.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'd start with the wiring loom or the UVCH. The connectors wear or get oil in them which either causes shorts or poor connections. Get a good volt/Ohm meter and check each of the connectors on the UVCH. You can find diagrams on the web or even here at PSN. You will want to check the coil resistances of each injector (IIRC they should be about 3 ohms), check for shorts to ground on the injector lines, and check for shorts to the glow plug lines. If the UVCH looks okay then I would check for continuity through the wire harness back to the IDM. Lastly, I'd pop the IDM open and check for water ingress (make sure to reseal it).

Cj

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to do that I didn't have an idm but a buddy loaned me one I didn't know he had with a bad cyl 4 on it he stated ill ohm out to the injectors from the uvch and swap idms and get back with you on this

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So a little update sorry about the slow reply but haven't tested the IDM yet did some harness inspection and bank to passenger valve on it has some oil but it looks as tho it comes from the plenum on both banks was going to swap idm but thought I'd write down all test I can do before seeing as ik what the borrowed IDM will do. Well it passed system test and compression except 8 on contribution test, but when manualy doing it, engine cranks even so no worry about rings or valves but that cyl 8 is the only thing consistent, ran injector buzz test for the 4th time today and was different, tried it three more times each different minus the 5th buzz with the 1st and 8th buzz being weak sometimes and 4th buzz maybe slightly quiet one test they all buzzed loud with only the 5th one quiet anyway pulled codes and ran all test and these are what I got, will be looking into these. P0471 P0284 P0541 P0605 P0670

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey, so I have a question. I have a 2002 f250 7.3. I did a motor swap due to the. Previous owner blowing the motor. I put bigger injectors (the 1.5 stage 180cc injectors from full force diesel) now when I'm driving my truck likes to jump almost when I'm exelerating. any idea what that could be? I have replace the icp valve. as well as the back pressure sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts