Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
PSN Veteran
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about upgrading the downpipe on my 7.3. I currently have a four inch set up going into 5 into 6 inch stacks, all connected to the stock down pipe. Im having trouble finding just the down pipe, and will it make the truck any louder if any? thanks

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
:whs: You beat me to it. Nate at PTP has some AWSOME deals on downpipes or any exhaust!
Yea he does. Im getting ready to drop the cash on a new 5" MBRP system from him. Mine is nearly rusted out. :mad:

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
When i thought i found a 2wd i wanted, i was looking at downpipes and a stack (was going to do my own stack kit) and i was shocked at how innexpensive a stainless 4" downpipe was... And im actually thinking of changing my 4" system i have now over to a 5" :evil If i do, then i will be calling Nate

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Yes. Definately go 5". Sounds great IMO. I have a 4" DP to a 5" straight pipe. Sounds awesome.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I just installed a 4" down pipe & 4" pipe back to the 6" stack on the 00 last weekend. To be honest, in the same tune, EGTs weren't any lower. I noticed alittle diffrence in sound but not alot. If your just after a down pipe & can get for dirt cheap, then go for it. If you buy a kit & it includes it, then install it. Just don't start jumping up & down thinking that you will drop EGTs with just a 4" down pipe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts