Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a tony wildman tuner that i run in the low tow settin all the time, w/ an afe stage 1 intake w/ a torque tube, a 4" down pipe to 5" exhaust into an 8" stack. i was curious what ppl w/ similar setups are gettin for fuel milage, also i was wondering if sending my tuner back in and gettin the daily driving settin on it would help out more so then the low tow settin, i'm think it will but i dont know for sure. its gettin avg of about 14 MPG right now which i dont think is bad, i can go roughly 350 miles on 3/4 of a tank of fuel in a 38 gallon fuel tank. any thoughts or help would be apreciated, i'd like to squeeze as many miles to the gallon out of this thing durring daily use as i can, not a huge deal when i'm gettin on it cuz thats usualy the last thing on sombodys mind at that point, lol. thanks guys

·
Registered
99 Posts
What size tires you running? I have a Ts chip in my truck I run it on 100 Hp setting. With an afe intake and a 4 inch turbo back. I get 16 average a week if I drive 65mph on the highway ill get 18 or so. But I have 35's on my truck

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i forgot to mention that, im runnin 265s right now, but thought about upin to 33s, what would i need to make 35s fit?

·
Registered
34 Posts
im running a flip chip set at 100hp a Afe Stage one intake, shift kit, four inch exhaust, suncoast torque converter and im getting around 16 around town and 18 hwy and thats with a 8 inch lift and 35x12.50 R18 bfg mudders

·
Lots to learn
374 Posts
Recommend you run the average of 4 tanks, and use a GPS to log your mileage vs. the odo, unless you know it's calibrated spot on. A couple of the garmins I own allow a "track log" that will enable you to see your exact mileage per GPS.
The reason I say 4 tanks, is I can stuff an extra gallon in there depending on how patient I am at the pump...use the same method everytime when filling. That will skew your "mileage" right there...need 4 tanks to "average" that factor out itself.

Probably sounds eye rolling silly, but working off good data, will make sure you spend your money in the right direction towards your goals. A lot may blow this off.....

FWIW-I see right at 13.8 to 14.0 mpg with my truck, winter season, 50% 4wd, 50% highway, 50% city/off road.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
V-ref, that would make sence, cuz my trucks got 247k on it so theres a good chance it could be off, i did the fuel milage now w/ the weatehr gettin colder and lettin it idle to warm up and it kickin in to high idle, it droped to 12mpgs. i'm not really worried about it since thats not really my main objective but i've seen alot of diesels be able to run good times in the 1/4 and still get good fuel millage, i wasnt sure if the 7.3 was one of them.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Been gettin right around 16-17 running tonys tunes on daily when i calculate it by mileage and how many gallons at the pump. Sittin on 37s i think thats really good

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
right on, i think i need to send it back off and have him put a daily settin on it, cuz i'm sure runnin it in tow/haul isnt really good to do daily for the engine or the drive train......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts