Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
truck sputtered then died on the side of the road, cranks and does nothing now...

cps changed, gets fuel, fuel bowl full, looks like everything on the fuel system checks out, oil is full etc... all the stupid stuff has been gone over, checked and replaced the fuse for pcm..

heres the deal.. went to connect to the pcm and it says no connection...? fuse is good does that mean the pcm is smoked? anyone have one?

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Any Codes??

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wont connect to pcm, no more wts light

wts light was on originally but not anymore.. checked all fuses and relays, and replaced all related to pcm, still nothing

if i have an auto 7.3 pcm will it atleast fire the truck to diagnose the problem?

·
Registered
119 Posts
it probably wont start with an auto pcm because it wont see a signal that it is in park or neutral but you could still hook it up and see if the scanner will communicate with the other PCM to see if the problem is your PCM or if it is in the wiring

·
Registered
306 Posts
i know you said you checked all the fuses but i had the same problem and it was the fuse that was for the fuel bowl heater which in my manual is not marked for that, but it is in the fuse panel under the dash, hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts