Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 F250 with 208K miles. She runs just awesome with no issues other than this weird noise. City driving no issue no noise. But on the highway as soon as I hit 65 MPH there is an awful loud super high pitch noise that seems to be coming from under the dash. Almost like an electronic sound. It's not the radio. I have owned and worked on 7.3 trucks my whole life and have never heard anything like this before. I have had two mechanics that specialize on 7.3 trucks check it out and they are both stumped also. Neither of them have ever heard a noise like this either. It is just so freakin weird. Letting of the pedal doesn't make it stop. But as soon as it drops below 65 MPH is goes away. Any ideas? Has anyone else had this issue? It's almost like it's possessed. It's really driving me crazy. PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dang I was really hoping someone on here had heard of this before. I guess I have a real problem on my hands. Why do I always have the weird problems no one can diagnose? :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
just thinking outloud

Did you have a windshield replaced near the time the noise started?

have checked the carrier bearing on the rear driveshaft? Generally this is more of a whine, but who knows

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more, do you have backup sensors? The little speaker is probe to failure. Sensors can go bad, etc
All good ideas. But no have not replaced the windshied, Do not have backup sensors and it is a Supercab so I don't think it has a rear carrier bearing. My son borrowed the truck but as soon as I get it back I will get a video so you guys can hear the sound.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! I think I may have it figured out. Or that my son has figured it out. As I stated my son borrowed my truck this morning. He just called me and said "How do you live with this high pitch whine coming from your light bar?" He said it was driving him crazy driving it. I said OMG I've been trying to figure out what that damn noise was for months. He said yeah he's pretty sure that's what it is. He had the same problem on his truck and fixed it by putting door edge molding on the fins of the light bar. I guess I'm heading up to Auto Zone for some door molding. Keep your fingers crossed for me!! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts