Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my first diesel about 2 months ago - 2000 excursion 4x4 7.3 with 200000miles -- in 2 months we have put 7k on the clock -- I love this truck.

I have a big air filter mod (forget the name but its the one everyone on here does) removed muffler and straight piped out the back 4" with 5" tip, borrowed a buddies edge programmer and put in tow mode -- really woke the truck up -- on teh dash the mpgs went from 13 in town up to 18 and 18 up to 25 on the highway.

Now i made a trip to New York - perfect weather - i woudl cruise at 75 and the dash showed 25-26mpg -- i hand calculated it and we only got 18???? are they always offf that much?

It also seems like the truck is getting more sluggish -- the first trip in bad weather we got 17mpg all stock?

ANy suggestions?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Once you chip or flash a truck, mpg readout is thrown off.
Aka lie-o-meter. No fix, it will give you an idea...ie truck is better / worse.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
the edge juice with attitude did the same to my excursion.... readout said 20mpg but hand calc was only 17.5.... completely stock the readout would say 17.0 mpg and hand calc would be 16.5 so a lot closer being stock.... now with my php chip the readout will read 18 mpg and hand calc i would get 17.8... then last tank it said 17.4 but hand calc was a solid 18.5 so the chips deffinately throw the overhead display off.....somtimes shows more somtimes shows less than actually getting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts