Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title said my truck is burning lots of oil. Like 4qts in 100 miles. No leak or black smoke at all. We changed the turbo, and the injectors. We have virtually no blowby and not a damned drop of oil. Any help on this would be very useful.

For reference the truck has 254,000 miles on it.

·
PSN intsigator
6,609 Posts
Check your fuel filter to see if it is black, sounds like an injector oring is leaking and sending the oil to through the fuel system

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just came back inside from replacing the fuel filter, not a drop of oil in there. Trust me if it were that i'd be doing hops of joy around the yard....

·
PSN intsigator
6,609 Posts
Yep

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have any equipment to do a compression test so it looks like i'm gonna have to take it to a diesel shop

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine was just doing that too. It was a bad injector O ring. Could one have been nicked during the installation of the new injectors? I did a compression check on mine. I got the kit from Harbor freight and modified it to fit the 7.3 There are a few vids on you tube on how to do it. Pretty cheap and easy. Ford says 175lbs is a healthy engine. Check the coolant too. If it's black it could be your oil cooler passing oil into the coolant.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Their is a fuel rail plug on the back of each head. Uses a 1/4square drive I just use a 1/4 ratchet. You dont have to remove them just loosen them. If fuel in the bowl is good and clean then the fuel in the rail should leak out clean. If the fuel is black then you have internal orings bad. If you have a long hard start and lots of oil consumption itll be a external oring and that can cause black fuel in bowl. But infernal orings will not turn fuel in the bowl black with stock fuel system. Mine were bad and in a 80 mile drive I'd use 6quarts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Like the title said my truck is burning lots of oil. Like 4qts in 100 miles. No leak or black smoke at all. We changed the turbo, and the injectors. We have virtually no blowby and not a damned drop of oil. Any help on this would be very useful.

For reference the truck has 254,000 miles on it.
Mine started burning oil and I was quite embarrassed at what I had found. I have the Motorcraft severe service AIS intake/filter. Evil mice decided to build a nest in the bottom of the air box and plug the filter. Plug it they did, solid with mice poop and pee. The minder was tripped and it started sucking so hard it pulled oil through the CCV. A new filter and some cleaning and it was A OK. This all happened in a two week span of he truck sitting. Probably not your issue but worth checking.

·
Native Californian
391 Posts
Yay, another dead thread. Why do I click on these? LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts