Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2 questions??

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  steve426 
#1 ·
Ok a couple more Newbie questions. First is I was looking at my in cab fuse box and in position 3 there is a 3 amp fuse that says throttle switch I have seen a couple posts where people have said they had them but pretty sure I don't as I don't have a pto on the truck.

Second, the reason I was looming in the fuse box is my cruise control doesn't turn on? Was thinking fuse but couldn't find anything that stuck out all other functions work as in the cruise is the only thing that is not working as far as I can tell. Any suggestions?

Thanks again

#3 ·
The cruise buttons also have been known to not work due to dirty contacts. You have to pull the horn pad to access them.

#6 ·
Thanks for the fast replies. I will check the enginge compartment fuse box when I get home. Hopefully just a fuse. If not i'll get the horn cover off and check that. Not sure on the "what year your working" part? Did you mean what truck? It's a 96 F250. Thanks again! Btw do you know specifically what the recall was?

#8 ·
Pulled the horn pad but couldn't remove the mounting screws......takes a 20 torx? All of witch are in my toolbox at work ha ha I HATE torx always come up in random places. Looked in my engine comp. Fuse box no blown fuses also no markings as to what fuses are to I have the og manual but it says nothingas well. I did cAll the closest ford dealer to see about a recall they where no help said I would have to bring it in to see. Gonna check the buttons at work tomorrow should I clean them with something?
Thanks again

#9 ·
The sensor on the end of the master cylinder is what is under recall. If brake fluid leaks through it into the connector the cruise will not work.

Take the connector off and see if it is wet in the sensor connector.

Dave

#11 ·
Nope. No easy DIY. Just take it in. They will fix it for free under warranty. If you don't get it fixed it could burn your truck up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.