Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Loyal to One
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All~!

My current setup is: 12" lift with 36x15.50x20 Mickey Thompson MTZs on 20x12 Moto Metal 962s.

The original owner told me that my truck has 12" of lift. I have since confirmed that it has a Fabtech front 3.5" spring hanger lift (I have the original parts that were removed). I am not sure if the spring portion of the suspension lift is 8" or perhaps 6"...? I want to know because I may I choose to purchase new front springs (read on).

I have two questions:

1. Does anyone have a similar setup who can tell me if I have a 9.5" or 11.5" lift? I have scoured the internet for pictures of a similar setup without any concrete results.

2. Can I remove a few leaves from my front springs to soften up the ride? I have 10 leaves on my front springs and of course it rides HORRIBLE. My neighbor has a 2002 F-250 (7.3 liter) with (10" 12" - he is unsure as well) with 40" M-16s; his front leaf springs have about half the leaves that mine have and his truck rides great. Purchasing new springs is an option for me, but I don't know what brand to buy.

Here is a current picture:

Thank you in advanced.

·
Loyal to One
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Loyal to One
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found an add-on for Firefox that fixed all of the broken Photobucket images. Now that I am able to see several images that I couldn't see before, I am now confident that I have 12" (11.5" to be technical) of lift.

Does anyone have a suggested brand of front leaf springs that will ride better than my present "10 leaf" springs?

Thanks,

·
Administrator
8,467 Posts
since i do not mess with altered suspensions or add lifts except to return to stock height, bout the only thing i can suggest is to contact Junior at ATS springs.
https://www.autoandtrucksprings.com
he will be able to get your ride where you want it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts