Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2 cycle oil

5K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Tedzz 
#1 ·
Just for kicks, I threw a quart of 2 cycle oil in the fuel tank when I filled up the last time.

I was very sceptical.

Still not convinced.............

However; It seems like my injectors are quieter and happier. It seems like my motor is a little snappier. It seems like the tank is running out slower. It seems like my turbo is happier.

All of this may be placibo effect, but like I said before, I was sceptical.

I have about 500 miles on this tank now, just my initial feelings.

#2 ·
andy did you read the lubricity thread in this forum,check it out it has 2 stroke as a fuel additive along with othere great read,also in the mpg forum there is a long thread about 2 stroke,but you gotts to use ashless 2 stroke.but you probably knew all this...........

#3 ·
Yep, knew about the ashless stuff. Had to talk myself into it. But I figured with 238K on my injectors I could not hurt them. I will check out the other threads.

Thanks

#5 ·
Yep. I threw a quart in 32 oz in 38 gallon tank. Close enough for me. I usually fill up pretty close to 32 gallons, so a quart it is.

#6 ·
I ran a quart last winter, and it did seem a litle quieter. Now with the Reg. return fuel system it might be interesting to see how much of a difference it makes. I got 18.4 MPG a couple weeks ago on a tank, so I don't know if I could Improove opone that.

Dan

#8 ·
This morning before filling up, I poured in 16oz of Amsoil HP Injector 2-Stroke oil that I had left over. And to be quite honest after driving across town and back. Pulling into the driveway and sitting listening to the 7.3 idle it did seem a bit smoother and quieter. I just might have to add 16oz every other tank along with Opti-Lube every tank. I just might be doing something right for once.

#10 ·
It did'nt take a couple of tanks for me, I could hear the difference in like 15 seconds, it was almost like flipping a switch. I don't care about the MPG, that is a bonus, I already can hang with any 1/2 with a V8 unloaded MPG wise, and if you put a load on it I will kill any gasser. I am going to drive a full size pickup anyways, so why not drive a real one.

#11 ·
I'm with you on that one Andy, Kinda why I traded in my Chevy for this truck. The payments are bigger , but so is the power. I figure more bang for the buck so to speak. I need to pick up a bottle of two stroke oil and see how it sounds now with thwe reg. return fuel system and all the other crap I've done this summer on it .

Dan

#12 · (Edited)
Just drove it 300 hundred miles Ft. Worth to Lubbuck, 70 to 75 MPH the whole way, filled up 1/4 mile from work, still have more than 1/2 tank. Have not filled back up to check MPG yet but on my last two trips here the needle was as far under 1/2 as it is now above it. Sitting about 2 needles over 1/2 tank.

Hope that makes sense. :shrug::shrug:

#13 ·
I even had a guy at the store here think I had a loud gasser, I had to open the hood to prove it was a diesel.

Early 99 fender badges.

Between the prepump mods and the two stoke oil, the only noise you hear from the injectors sounds like gasser lifters.

#14 ·
I know what you mean on the noise. I go through the drive through at the bank and don't have to shut it off anymore. I still think the power is way off for what I ve done, I don'r know what's wronge , but it won't twist the tires unless your on water. Hey, ever figure out whats up with your trans? I put mine in gear and you wait for it to move either direction. Figure the pump is getting tired. I have time, I'll put the new one in, I'm just not in a hurry to fight with it.

Dan

#15 ·
Nope, still working, runs hard shifts good, decided to just keep on driving it. With the work it did in it's early life, I would bet it is some kind of aftermarket. I was going to drop the inspection cove and look at the TC when I changed the oil, but was in too much of a hurry.

#17 ·
Go to Wall Mart get there Tech 2 cycle oil, its ashless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.