Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site and I've been reading over it for a few days. All I got to say is you guys are awesome. My question is can you run 2 cycle oil through a 2007 6.0L? I seen where alot of people are doing it through 6.0's but in earlier year models. Since it's an '07 I didn't know if it already came equipped to properly handle the ULSD. I just bought the truck about 2 weeks ago. It has 30,5k miles and came with a Bully Dog RFI Intake and 4" exhaust turbo back with a cat and muf. I'm sorta new to diesel's, I had a '06 d-max that I bought brand new but got rid of it during the diesel price raise of '08. Any advice would be much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
I haven't heard of any issues with any year 6.0L running TWC3 rated 2-stroke. 1oz per gallon has been the quoted ratio to run.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ok I don't want to sound to stupid here but what dose the 2 cycle oil do for you?

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
ULSD doesn't have the lubrication properties that helps maintain injector life. I found that the truck responded much better and seems to quiet the injectors somewhat. For $11 a gallon at Wal Mart it's cheap enough to try so you can hear the results yourself.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on HA, thanks!

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Yeper i have seen alot of guys run atf My buddy runs ams two stroke in ew to his cummins. Kinda new to me

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks FFRyan. Are you noticing the decrease in engine noise like other users and slightly better MPG too?

·
Registered
23 Posts
well put it this way, on my stock tune im making it 560 to 590 miles on 30 gallans of fuel. It does get noticbly more quiet, and i think it does better on synthetic.

·
Registered
246 Posts
TWC3 rated 2-stroke is a waste of $$$. I ran it, noticed nothing. Sure some will argue and post up some graphs...LOL Save your coin on a good fuel additive if you like.

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
TWC3 rated 2-stroke is a waste of $$$. I ran it, noticed nothing. Sure some will argue and post up some graphs...LOL Save your coin on a good fuel additive if you like.
I had a test done..... a decibel test...it lowered it 3 decibels...and in order for it to show up on with a decibel meter...there had to be more lubrication.

·
Registered
23 Posts
1 oz. per gallon, you may not get better mileage or a more quiet engine but at least your lubricating your fuel system. The stuff works to many people swear by it. Dont listen to that dumb a** up above me its not a waste of money it works.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I'm pretty much sold on it already. I got about 1/4 tank of fuel left so I'm gonna go to Wally world this w/e and pick some up before I refuel. Thanks for all the input guys!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts