·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
unless you have a six speed or a high stall converter you wont be spooling a s400 with any ease at all.

I am going with that Precision Turbo there I just want an idea of what exhaust a/r to go with I won't run a wastegate.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
What are your class rules? If they allow stepped covers then you will not stand a chance with that turbo. Guys will have a Precision built 3.0 wheel cut and stuffed into a 2.6 cover and will move way more air. You will need a $4000 custom built turbo to compete. And the "big guys" are not running s465's they are running S480 with 2.6 covers. Like this.

·
Registered
675 Posts
What are your class rules? If they allow stepped covers then you will not stand a chance with that turbo. Guys will have a Precision built 3.0 wheel cut and stuffed into a 2.6 cover and will move way more air. You will need a $4000 custom built turbo to compete. And the "big guys" are not running s465's they are running S480 with 2.6 covers. Like this.

How things change in only a year they were runnin s465's last year, is that s480 a bushed housing? if so it's no good in ohio. When i pulled 4 years ago in the 2.5 class i dominated the class with a 62mm s300. Then it went to 2.6 and the guys were winning with 66mm s300's now you don't stand a chance unless your running a s400. A street driven truck can no longer compete in the street class.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
How things change in only a year they were runnin s465's last year, is that s480 a bushed housing? if so it's no good in ohio. When i pulled 4 years ago in the 2.5 class i dominated the class with a 62mm s300. Then it went to 2.6 and the guys were winning with 66mm s300's now you don't stand a chance unless your running a s400. A street driven truck can no longer compete in the street class.
That is not a bushing. That is a 80mm wheel with the ends clipped and protrudes into a 2.6" cover. The wheel is 2.6" measured at the smallest diameter of the compressor wheel. But after the 1/8" as most rules state the wheel steps out to the 80 mm and the big part of the wheel grabs air through the 1/4" map width enhancement groove.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not going to pull in the mid west just local pulls here in the east. I will never pull for points just out to play.

·
Registered
675 Posts
That is not a bushing. That is a 80mm wheel with the ends clipped and protrudes into a 2.6" cover. The wheel is 2.6" measured at the smallest diameter of the compressor wheel. But after the 1/8" as most rules state the wheel steps out to the 80 mm and the big part of the wheel grabs air through the 1/4" map width enhancement groove.
That is rediculous, it's amazing how far this sport has come. Dave Mitchell making 500hp on his unlimited truck to the street class making over 900hp

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
That is rediculous, it's amazing how far this sport has come. Dave Mitchell making 500hp on his unlimited truck to the street class making over 900hp
That is why the sport needs to put on exducer limits on the compressor.

·
Registered
201 Posts
You got a 6 speed or AT. what rpm you going to stall??

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am starting with a stock converter but will have a full biult trany ASAP. IDK what stall should I go with when I upgrade?

I would like it to start to spool with a stock converter.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts