Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I fit 35's with just a leveling kit? I plan on getting a 6in lift mid January but have the tires now... 2000 7.3 Excursion

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,556 Posts
Why not put them on and see? I bet you could, you would probably have to do some trimming up front though.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I'm going to give this a yes and a no. Yes, you can fit them....barely. However, I also say no because you're going to run into MAJOR rubbing issues doing anything other than going straight ahead. If you were running brand new springs and threw on the leveling kit, you'd probably be ok, but with the way the stock springs sag, I doubt it will be what you want. Let me put it this way.....I did the X/modified B spring swap on mine, combined with a 2" front hanger/rear block addition. According to everything I read, I should have gotten about 1.5-2" from the springs (due to sagging of the original springs which can't hold the weight) and 2" from the hangers/blocks. I measured from the wheel well to the floor of my garage before and after the lift. I wound up with 5.25" total lift on the front end and 3.25 in the rear. The reason for so little difference in the rear is the original rear springs weren't sagging nearly as much as the front. Anyway, I put 35's on and if I am running on a level street, I get a lilttle bit of rub at full wheel turn, but that was taken care of by pulling the plastic inner fender back a little. However, if I'm going off-road, or even turning into a business with a slight elevation change from the main road, and the tires don't just rub, they begin to grind into the plastic bad.

So, a leveling kit can probably fit em, but I doubt you'll be able to do anything off-road or even turn lock-to-lock without considerable rub.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to give this a yes and a no. Yes, you can fit them....barely. However, I also say no because you're going to run into MAJOR rubbing issues doing anything other than going straight ahead. If you were running brand new springs and threw on the leveling kit, you'd probably be ok, but with the way the stock springs sag, I doubt it will be what you want. Let me put it this way.....I did the X/modified B spring swap on mine, combined with a 2" front hanger/rear block addition. According to everything I read, I should have gotten about 1.5-2" from the springs (due to sagging of the original springs which can't hold the weight) and 2" from the hangers/blocks. I measured from the wheel well to the floor of my garage before and after the lift. I wound up with 5.25" total lift on the front end and 3.25 in the rear. The reason for so little difference in the rear is the original rear springs weren't sagging nearly as much as the front. Anyway, I put 35's on and if I am running on a level street, I get a lilttle bit of rub at full wheel turn, but that was taken care of by pulling the plastic inner fender back a little. However, if I'm going off-road, or even turning into a business with a slight elevation change from the main road, and the tires don't just rub, they begin to grind into the plastic bad.

So, a leveling kit can probably fit em, but I doubt you'll be able to do anything off-road or even turn lock-to-lock without considerable rub.

Much appreciated....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts