Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks, UNBROKEN.. They look awesome on the truck! A drop, some bodywork, and a painted rear bumper should put it pretty close to done for now.

Since you guys have seen the truck, I've put different pinstripes on the truck, painted the mirror posts and a quick cleanup:

What do you guys think?

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! The pinstripe underneath the new ones is painted on, and I havent had time to get them off, but I I'm afraid it would be a little too much white without them. I was also told that the fender badge had holes behind it, which is the only reason I left it on to start with. Am I wrong? Which fender badge are you talking about?

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
I think he may be talking about the V8 one that is close to the headlights. Good looking pickup though man.

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I think it looks pretty unique, and will look MUCH better after a drop. That $800 price tag on the drop kit is pretty daunting, especially when the truck still has a 15* HPOP and the stock piddly e99 injectors... I'm prolly going to just pull the block and go from there.

79-80 views and only a couple replies solidifies my thoughts on the love/hate thing, lol. Some folks love it, but plenty HATE it too...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Good looking truck I like what you did with the front end. pinstripe, and badges must be addressed imo. Otherwise good looking rig :rockon:

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Time for painted handles... I almost like the pin stripe now...

Something does need to be done with the badges...

No holes.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I like it Mike, definitely with the pinstripe, but I am not a fan of one solid block of color. Its just enough to break it up and give some contrast to it. But I agree on dropping that fender badge

With the drop in the back it should have a real nice stance to it :ford:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
A drop, some bodywork, and a painted rear bumper should put it pretty close to done for now.
You don't expect us to believe that do you? LOL

Looks great man!!!

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You don't expect us to believe that do you? LOL

Looks great man!!!
You noticed I said for now, right? :poke:
-This'll be just a hold-over for now... the next steos are gonna be kind of pricy, so I'm gonna take my time with em.

Jap, prolly gonna keep the door handles black... I open the doors too often with dirty hands to put white ones on it right now, lol.

I'll prolly try and pull the fender badges this week. REALLY wanna find some 05+ F350 badges that I can custom paint, but thats proving to be cost - prohibitive at the moment :(

-Michael

·
Registered
427 Posts
Nice truck bro....I agree w/ debadging, keep the pinstripes, I'd color match the mirrors....no doubt. I know all about the tight budget thing, but, fix that damn dent, lol.

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right now, the dent's gonna have to wait... It would take quite a bit of work to get it out, and then a re-spray, which is all out of my time/money budget at the moment.

Once I get graduated, and have a place to do some bodywork, its one of the things I intend to fix asap. I've got some other paint/body damage on the left side to fix, and want to add some pinchweld covers, and an 08+ tailgate all at the same time. Might even add a cowl hood, who knows? I don't like doing body-work piecemeal - I'd much rather get all done at once :D

Bondo dust boogers suck!

-Michael

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Right now, the dent's gonna have to wait... It would take quite a bit of work to get it out, and then a re-spray, which is all out of my time/money budget at the moment.

Once I get graduated, and have a place to do some bodywork, its one of the things I intend to fix asap. I've got some other paint/body damage on the left side to fix, and want to add some pinchweld covers, and an 08+ tailgate all at the same time. Might even add a cowl hood, who knows? I don't like doing body-work piecemeal - I'd much rather get all done at once :D

Bondo dust boogers suck!

-Michael

Mike,

It looks good, I like what you've done with the front end. Definitely lose the V8 badge, also get that dent fixed. To me it sticks out but some prob didn't even notice it. It looks like your on the right track, gotta love the black and white contrast:D

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, the dent is part of the reason that the stripes are staying... it kinda helps keep your eyes up, rather than looking at the dent. Think cleaveage to conceal a lack of cheekage, lol.

I thought about covering it up with a race for the warriors vinyl like another member here has, but its not worth the funds or time to put it on to take it back off later for the bodywork.

fishing line be the best way to remove that V8 badge?

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Mike is lazy, he's actually painted the truck 4 times and towels it off in the rain, he just doesn't want to fix the dent.

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ROFL @ Jap... There's only one of my vehicles that sees that kinda treatment, but AFTER the rain - I don't like gettin wet, lol. Long as capt morgan stays away, I'm cool (inside joke)

Oh, and I just realized that you DID get my hood outta line messing with those adjusters, jackass :ford:

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Wow... I think Im going to bite your style on the front end...

Your truck is now the base of what Im going for sir...

Is that a factory 99-04 bumper ?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts