Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm still really happy with these, and definitely recommend 1A Auto for anyone looking for 08 style mirrors. The only thing I can add to this write up is to encourage folks to check the fit of the mirror caps. Mine weren't as snug as I'd like so I used some Loctite Flexible Adhesive to keep them in place. It's like high grade rubber cement -- don't go overboard with it and you can still get the caps off if needed.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Probably a dumb question, but obviously my mirrors only have power....no heat or lights or anything. I can't just plug these mirrors in and expect them to work correct? I assume the plug is for the power and if I wanted the heat and turn signals I would have to wire them in myself?

·
Registered
559 Posts
If I wanted mirrors with power fold and tel and my 03 mirrors don't have that how can I wire that up?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
58 Posts
Weather your truck came with power turn signals and heat or not if you plug these in the turn signals and mirrors will work. Mine and several buddies had trucks with nemo style mirrors and we upgraded to these and they all worked perfect I highly recommend these mirrors but like snake said glue the caps on. I lost one In traffic the other day after about a year of having these on.

·
2000 F250 Super Duty
98 Posts
My truck has a white round plug with just power glass. So your saying if I just plug the adapter in the turn signal, heat, and power will work?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Any truck ive ever tried it on was a 03 plus and everyone has worked for me. I have a 04 and i have several buddies with 03 and 04 and they have all worked even though they didnt come with stock heat and signals.

·
Registered
107 Posts
1AMRP00611. 1A Auto

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 1A Mirrors and headlights:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Do they offer these with the power fold and telescope as well? Been looking into doing this as well figured a afternoon and a six pack well spent especially with the added visability afterward. Also 2012F350 is that a cervini hood? looks good man. I have been looking at getting a Cowl hood on mine but that is the first ram scoop hood I have seen that I like...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I know this is old but its a great write up! My truck doesnt have the telescoping option but it has everything else, will i still be able to pull the mirrors out by hand like the stock ones i have now.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Bcorum, none of the 99-07 Superdutys have power telescoping mirrors, that was a new option in 08+ . These 1A mirrors are designed to be identical to our mirrors but with the new look. Yes you will be able to pull them out manually

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very nice write up. This is what gave me the idea to switch to 08 mirrors. I tied a piece of paracord to the old connector so when I pulled it through id have something to pull my new connector through the hole.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Out of curiosity has anyone installed the 08 mirrors that also fold in by push button? I saw that A1 has that kit too now. Before I bite off something I cannot chew, is the electrical hook up simple? Electricity and I do not get along, keep getting bit by it.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts