NAPA 6637 filter
SRW Fiberglass service body with ladder rack
T500 HPOP
tank mods

Low rolling resistance tires 265/75/16
3.73 gears

With a full tank of fuel and tools truck weighs in at 9200, gvw9900
Brakes completely redone, new calipers,rotors everything

With a daily driver tune the best I have gotten is 13mpg. That was babying it and trying to see what I could get. Recently tried again and it only got a little over 11mpg.

If I run a more aggressive tune I get 9-11 mpg

Attachments

·
Project Shamu
2,722 Posts
I have damn near the same mods as you except i have 4.11s and 33s and my truck weighs in at around 6500#. A 50/50 mix of freeway/city I'll get 16.5mpg at best. All city it drops to 15mpg, and if I'm hard on it, about 11mpg. But 2700 lbs is a big difference, weight plays a HUGE difference in mileage. I'm also 2wd, so your pushing around a lot more rotating parts.

Not saying 11mpg is normal, but its not far off from a lot of guys on here.

Have you checked EBPV Tube and sensor?

·
Administrator
8,345 Posts
doe sit do any idling? city driving? low speed driving? traffic driving? drive like granny going to church on sunday, or like a teenager racing on saturday night?
all that will effect mileage.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've got basically the same setup as you do, truck loaded with toolbox and normal carry stuff weighs around 9,000lbs. I can get 13-13.8 in normal city driving,

Early 99 F350 Crew Cab long bed,
Edge tuner running on tow mode
Stock injectors
Cold air intake
Muffler delete
Cat delete
Stock size exhaust, just a straight pipe now though.
265/75/16 Toyo AT tires
3.73 gears

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fuel filter and oil change completed recently.

I've tried driving like miss daisy, highway, city, mixed use doesn't matter how I drive mileage is always about the same.

The ebpv tube has been deleted and the sensor is to atmosphere.

The most I ever saw from the truck was 15.7, when I first started driving it back in may.

Hardly ever sits and idles.

I know its not going to get 20+mpg, but a consistent 13 or 14 would be nice. Especially knowing that guys towing 13k get better mileage than I do on occasion.

·
Project Shamu
2,722 Posts
The ebpv tube should not be deleted. It has been said that the EBPV sensor is used to modify the fuel tables. So if it sees atmospheric pressure all the time, it might not be adjusting when it needs to, or be adjusting when it doesn't need to.

I would get that hooked back up.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Make sure you are talking about the Exhaust back pressure sensor and tube (mounted in front of the Hpop) not the exhaust back pressure actuator which is commonly deleted from the turbo pedestal
I know people get these two confused

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a 1999 F-350 that was getting 18-20 mpg than started dropping down to 11.5 replaced all injectors (NEW not rebuilt) still @ 11.5 anyone got some answers, What is this ebp delete a couple of guys have mentioned, isn't that sensor needed ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a 1992 5.9 280 hp CUMMINS A/T LOVE IT....The 99 F-350 Heatstroke I use in my Travel Trailer transport business thats why I'm concerned about the mileage drop from 19=21 to 11.5 in about a month.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
The ebpv tube should not be deleted. It has been said that the EBPV sensor is used to modify the fuel tables. So if it sees atmospheric pressure all the time, it might not be adjusting when it needs to, or be adjusting when it doesn't need to.

I would get that hooked back up.
Nowadays people are tying it in to "manifold" pressure.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
The boost side. Lol basically tee in to the map sensor.

·
Project Shamu
2,722 Posts
I guess its got the exact same amount of air going in as there is coming out? Or atleast close. That might be an interesting little tweak. No more cleaning out EBP tube any more.

Got a link to where you read this?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
No, it's all over though. Lol
Won't really see any specific threads, but often times people will pop up and say they've done it. Typically some of the higher hp crowd.

·
1,097 Posts
I simply disconnected the EBPV electrically. Works A-OK but takes a while to warm up on cold winter days.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts