Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
What was I gonna check my 96 and 02 for?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Picture of the wiring from the generator to where it joins the major harness. Also, a connector unused at the firewall pass-through.

·
PSN intsigator
6,625 Posts
Hope this helps, there are 5 connections in one pic which may be your mystery plug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Thank you so very much!
Hope this helps, there are 5 connections in one pic which may be your mystery plug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do your alternator connections go down, and then over to the left to the engine harness? Or Somewhere else?

And what color are the two sires on the plug, please?

·
PSN intsigator
6,625 Posts

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Thank you!

If I can find the wires in the harness, I can splice into them.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Well, now I am buying front lights and sockets. I am in the nickel and dime stage. Sigh.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
All lights are in and working, and the assemblies mounted correctly. Now to get the new radiator next week.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Current status -- all assembled except front bumper. I don't have the hardware for that. Put 110 miles on the new engine and transmission.

However, a rear oil leak has caused me to drop the transmission. Found my South Bend kevlar pilot bushing all mucked up. Now searching for a new pilot bearing.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
If one were to get aftermarket plates for the rear of the block, for the rear main seal, and an aftermarket oil pan, what would you recommend?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
If one were to get aftermarket plates for the rear of the block, for the rear main seal, and an aftermarket oil pan, what would you recommend?
Never mine, I fixed it.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
How about an alternator? Does anyone have a favorite to recommend, or any to warn against?

·
Administrator
8,349 Posts
i get mine rebuilt by a local shop up the highway.
it has been open since the early 50's. it is now third generation run.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Lucky you!

·
Administrator
8,349 Posts
second gen bet me the alternator he built me back in 89 would out live me.
31 years and 460,000 miles later is is still working perfectly.
same with all the starters i have had done over the years. if they rebuild it, i never have to touch it again.
best thing too is they are cheaper than parts stores.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
HOLA!

That's Mexican for hello . . .. Hey, I live 14 miles north of the border . . . one adapts.

Current status - I've wired the 2008 mirrors for the 1999. In spite of all the adapters you can buy, none of them are "quite right".

The switch looks like this:

The new mirror plug looks like . . . . And the black and the gray wires are the turn signal and the running light respectively.

The adapters you can buy are bullshit. I ended up cutting the ends off and soldering to the original switch pigtail.

Unfortunately, the only place I can find this is CARiD, and it is $41 out the door. :mad:

The Ford Switch wiring diagram is

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Hi, all!

I keep reading about "rollover noise from the ZF-6 manual transmission".

What would that be?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Rollover noise as I have found described... our 7.3 diesels do not have a particularly smooth idle. As each cylinder fires there is a burst of crankshaft acceleration. The change in crankshaft speeds causes the gears to rattle when you are idling in neutral or at low rpms in gear. It is even more noticeable in a transmission with straight cut gears. Not something you really need to worry about.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Well, ****!

Well, I have 500 miles on the truck. I changed the oil, but continuing dinosaur oil to 5000 Miles.

I also changed the transmission fluid to the synthetic. Now I hear a loud knock! WTH? HELP!

·
Administrator
8,240 Posts
Post a video. You have go use YouTube

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Thanks, Shawn!

The link will be live in a few minutes.

161 - 180 of 187 Posts