Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

121 - 140 of 187 Posts

·
Administrator
8,349 Posts
i do not add anything. when it was new there was a lubrication issue, but that was addressed 15+ years ago.

·
Administrator
8,240 Posts

·
PSN intsigator
6,625 Posts
I use Howes

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
PSN intsigator
6,625 Posts
The fuel made now is not intended for use in our older trucks. Most the lubrication properties have been removed from the fuel that our older systems rely on!!!

·
PSN intsigator
6,625 Posts
It is pretty much the same as when they got rid of leaded fuel. Most leaded fueled engines relied on the lead deposits for the valves to seal properly.... get rid of the fuel and "they" can get rid of the older vehicles

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Okay, I am starting with PRI-D but wanted to research others.

Now, if I can only get that long-bed %^&* turned around in my back yard so I can get it into the shop, I can install the engine.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
ARRGGHHH!!!!!

Do you HAVE to drop the ZF6 Transmission rear mount cross member to re-install the transmission??????

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
AND do you remove this shifter part?

·
PSN intsigator
6,625 Posts

·
Administrator
8,240 Posts
Yeah drop the cross member. No on pulling the shifter. I has mine out last summer for a clutch.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Yeah drop the cross member. No on pulling the shifter. I has mine out last summer for a clutch.
Okay, the suck value on this just climbed.

·
Administrator
8,240 Posts
It just bolts in. Takes 10 minutes.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
It just bolts in. Takes 10 minutes.
Yeah, right.

But she is in, bolted down. Now to continue the mission of finding bolts, sensors, parts,figuring out wiring, etc.

·
Project Shamu
2,728 Posts
Yeah, right.

But she is in, bolted down. Now to continue the mission of finding bolts, sensors, parts,figuring out wiring, etc.
Ive been exactly where you're at, trying to put a motor together that another shop built for me, and they totally threw away a bunch of important parts, misplaced a ton of bolts/ sensors etc. I ended up getting a buddies truck to look at and compare to put mine together.

Good luck! Haha

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Ive been exactly where you're at, trying to put a motor together that another shop built for me, and they totally threw away a bunch of important parts, misplaced a ton of bolts/ sensors etc. I ended up getting a buddies truck to look at and compare to put mine together.

Good luck! Haha
Not a lot of parts missing, but I just had to order the 4 AC Compressor mounting bolts. :(

·
Project Shamu
2,728 Posts
Oh on my truck they threw away all my sensors (icp, ipr, eot, ect, cps, etc), threw out my fan and clutch, and then tried to give me some battery cables that weren't mine, etc. It was a mess.

Then he told me, "the sensors should be replaced anyways, they're cheap enough". But they were all less than a year old and ended up costing me several hundred bucks to replace!!! I was livid.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
OMG, I can imagine!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #139 (Edited)
Well, I don't know what happened, but I tried my clutch for the first time. The pedal went to the floor and stayed there. When I reached down to pull it up, there was a loud "CLANG". I checked everything, the rod is still in the slave cylinder, so I do not know what happened. I cautiously tried pressing it a few more times. The first two times, it stayed on the floor, and then it began returning.

So, is the Dorman master / slave system okay, or do y'all have a better system to recommend?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Jax,

If your newer truck has a similar clutch setup as my older OBS, then there is a helper spring that can "cam" over at the bottom of the stroke. Normally this isn't a problem as the clutch helps push the petal out of this position, but if you have air in the system or the clutch goes out, the helper spring will slam it back into the stop when you pull the petal back.

Charles

121 - 140 of 187 Posts