Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Found that DP Tuner is a South Bend Clutch Dealer.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Shipping my injectors off to Swamps tomorrow.

·
PSN intsigator
6,266 Posts
Have you checked Rosewood injectors?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Have you checked Rosewood injectors?
I don't know them -- when I was reading and asking around, Swamps kept coming up.

The point is moot, I ordered them last week.

·
PSN intsigator
6,266 Posts
Well ok then, I'm sure swamps will be great and they do have a fabulous reputation

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used Full force diesel injectors. I didn't want a bunch of smoke and don't race it so I went with 180/0 single shot. They work great with very little coal...even with a stock HPOP. Going with the KC300x stage 1 and diselsite's adrenaline HPOP in the future.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Current Truck status - Installed:
New mirrors, Towing
New-to-me Lariat front seats.
New-to-me Lariat rear seat . . . all in better condition than what came out!
New Windshield
New batteries with rehab'd cables
Power cable for ham radio run to cab
SiriusXM Auto kit installed.
New front speakers
Jamo 4" Exhaust
New U-joints in Driveshaft and high-speed balanced.
New '08 Diff cover and oil
Spare tire

Ordered:
AC Condenser coil
Motor & Xmsn Mounts
New Carpet (upgrade)
Four tires . . . .

·
Resident Curmudgeon
437 Posts
Do you have forged or powdered metal rods? I am assuming since it is a 99 you have forged. If you don't yet get a set while it is apart.

Get a good aftermarket balancer. Upgrade the cam, rockers, springs, and pushrods. Have the heads ported ( at the very least have the under valve area cleaned up {bowl bashed}) and get the valves back cut (additional angle cut above the valve job angles, if done correctly dramatically increases low-mid lift flow. where most engines spend a majority of time)

pretty much everything Else I would recommend has already been covered.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Do you have forged or powdered metal rods? I am assuming since it is a 99 you have forged. If you don't yet get a set while it is apart.

Get a good aftermarket balancer. Upgrade the cam, rockers, springs, and pushrods. Have the heads ported ( at the very least have the under valve area cleaned up {bowl bashed}) and get the valves back cut (additional angle cut above the valve job angles, if done correctly dramatically increases low-mid lift flow. where most engines spend a majority of time)

pretty much everything Else I would recommend has already been covered.
Where were you when this question was first asked?

Engine will be coming home by the end of the week.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
HEADLIGHTS!

I'd like to replace the factory headlights . . . What is everyone using?

·
PSN intsigator
6,266 Posts
I got mine from Amazon or 1a auto. I think I put 04 or 08 style headlights in my Excursion

·
PSN intsigator
6,266 Posts
Make sure you look at reviews, some look good but are very shitty, and will fog up alot

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Man, I am getting tired of all this research. Lots of "looks good, but > 10% fail" rates.

Thanks so much, all y'all, for your info.

·
Administrator
8,115 Posts
A1 auto has the best headlights. I prefer the Harley style. Look up 05 front end conversion and fall down that rabbit hole

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I am trying to concentrate on what gets it running and not on looks. However, I don't know why the turn signals, etc have been removed. I have a bumper but nothing with which to attach it. Just trying to ascertain the parts is a headache.

The headlights are really foggy, but polishing with Mother's Metal Polish is working well. I prefer to put in new ones as older headlights don't have the directed beam pattern of the new ones.

So, I bought the set of tires instead. ;)

·
Administrator
8,115 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Oh, for Christ's Sake . . . Why can't I get a complete gasket set????

21 - 40 of 99 Posts