Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just bought a 99.5 7.3 and I just broke one of the front sway bar end links. They both look to have been replaced since stock so before I replace with stock again I was wondering if anyone runs more beefier aftermarket ones?

All info appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
yes energy susp. has a kit and its way better than the stock stuff, u have to reuse the rods and press the old inserts out but after thats done they install very easy and work very well, i have a part # on a box at the shop if u cant find it but just call them and they will no what u need

·
(520)465-7971
909 Posts
yes energy susp. has a kit and its way better than the stock stuff, u have to reuse the rods and press the old inserts out but after thats done they install very easy and work very well, i have a part # on a box at the shop if u cant find it but just call them and they will no what u need
The energy kit is just a poly bushing replacement. From the way it sounds, we broke the actual link and was curious about other failures. I could be wrong though. The energy bushings are a nice improvement though.

·
Registered
244 Posts
yes they r replacement bushings i did not no u broke the link, i was assuming u were tired of the sway bar rattle

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What part of it broke? I see more replaced because of length than breakage...
Good question actually I didn't even take notice after I saw it was just the end link, but from what I remember the stock bushing was gone and that was the problem. Im going to run out and take another look

·
Registered
191 Posts
I hope I am staying in the box of this post ... Could someone let me know wich bushings to use. How do I know what size to get. Thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
call energy suspension they will know, if not i can get u a part #

·
Registered
574 Posts
Back to origianl issue. Is it Best to replace with OEM parts for the sway bar end links or are aftermarket parts Ok? I am debating wether to buy Ford OEM or go buy from Autozone/Oriellys or what have you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts