Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm new to the PSN and would like to say hi first of all. But here's my question to all. I'm trying to decide between a 2000 F-250 7.3 ECSB, 63,000 miles, XLT, Auto trans. $20,000. Or a 2006 F-250 6.0 CCSB, 55,000 miles, Lariat, auto trans. $32,000 Or a 1999 F-250 7.3 one owner ECSB, 72,000 miles, XLT, auto trans. $20,000. All look like very clean trucks but I haven't got to go out and look at them yet. If you guys could help me with some info about which would be my best choice for DD and mpg that would be great. After getting one I will be looking to mod also. And are there any big problems with the 2006 6.0? what's my best buy?

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
:welcome:

of those choices, i would go with the 2000. i am partial to the 7.3, and 2k was the best year for it. the 6.0 has kind of a bad rap, but people still get plenty of power out of em. the 99 could be an early one like mine with a smaller turbo setup which will cost more if you want big power. the 2k should have forged rods, i think they all did for that year. 20 thousand seems a bit steep to me, but that depends on where you live too. i have seen some very similar to what you are looking at for about 12k here in houston. the condition may be way different too though!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
The 2000 is your best bet. I have an early 99 and like it with the mods I have done. But the bigger turbo is a plus. Stay away from the 6.0. I have 4 of them 350 dually flatbed work trucks. As the warranty expires they are being sold. too many repairs to pay for after warranty. All those prices are a bit steep. Those are probably western trucks that are rust free and in good shape. Here in Az most are in that condition at a much lower price. Check craigslist Phx, Az. and you'll see a big price drop. Good luck.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Those prices seem way high. Granted they have lower mileage, but you may want to check out kelley blue book or something for a value comparison. Just my 2 cents. Great trucks though!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
After looking at those prices again they are way high like Early99PSD said. that 06 didn't sell for much more when new. And like I said You couldn't give me a 6.0.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yea 20k for a 2000 is waaaaayyyy High, i would offer maybe 12k for that one. But that one is your best bet, I would love to find a 2000-2002 CC 4x4 with the 7.3 if I could. If you find a 6.0 that has good maintenance records you would probably be fine, Most issues with that truck were fixed in the first few years, but they still remain very temperamental. whatever the case, research the truck a little more, and if a dealer is asking 20k for a truck that old, go somewhere else... quick.

·
brandon
778 Posts
You need to come to texas. Even the ford lot has a 2000 cc lairat with 120,000 for 12K and it is an auto

·
Still learning
577 Posts
those prices are way high, 32K for an '06? 20k for a 2000? those guys are crazy, get a truck somewhere else

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Just as everyone said, prices are way high. Just as a reference I paid $24k for my 06 2 years ago with 27k miles on it. It is a CCLB lariat with every option.

·
brandon
778 Posts
no it was 2wd. that is why i did not buy it. Do ya'll have American classifieds or thrifty nickel? The website is tnol.com and it has access to many cities that might be close to ya. Good way for us here in Texas to find one from an individual.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts