Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No idea what this could be. When the truck is not moving, or when I'm backing into a parking space, I'm guessing it's the steering linkage that clicks. Either way I turn the wheel it makes a little "click click" noise each time. Not sure if it's ball joints, linkage, etc. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Brandon

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Could be the column bearings as well. How far away from you does it appear to be coming from?

What model truck? 4x4 or 2WD?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where are those located? Sounds somewhat close, I can hear it well in the cab. Truck is 2wd

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sounds like the bearings...they are right there on the steering column just below the steering wheel or close enough. Takes two, an upper and lower. As it progresses closer to total failure your steering wheel will begin to become loose on the column it wont fall off but it seems like it will. You may experience the ball bearings or pieces of them falling out on to the floor mat.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if its the bearings anymore. When I go over speed bumps I can hear the click as well. The sounds is definitely not in the cab. Possibly ball joints?

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Warn steering column bearings you should be able to vertically shift steering wheel up and down. Have an article in how to repair in sig link below. There should be no vertical or lateral movement in the wheel at all.

jrc

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Um, the bearings would be wOrn (I don't think Warn makes them)....
Ya sorry Madpogue my new iPhone 5 has a mind of its own fawkin Siri mis-spells keeeerrap all the time that and being an illiterate, dyslexic doesn't help either.... :doh:

jrc

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ITs definitely not the column bearings. the steering wheel is solid. Ill get under the truck today and see if there is any worn bushings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts