Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm replacing the dash bezel in a 1997 f350 powerstroke. The PO had a dash bezel from an f250 w/o the cutout in the attached photo. There is a wiring harness behind this cutout but no gauge to go in the new bezel. What belongs in this space?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found it...

92-97 F250 F350 F450 7.3L DIESEL WAIT TO START WARNING DISPLAY F2TB-10B987-AA

·
Registered
617 Posts
Correct - it's the Diesel Warning Lamps module. This is the best bezel available:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your response. I figured it was the glow plug lamps but I had a helluva time locating the part this afternoon.

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Follow up question. What hardware to attach the diesel warning lamp module and the front/rear fuel tank switch to the new bezel?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Phillips screws. Was the tank switch not attached, either? But on some of my trucks, back before replacement bezels were available, I attached everything to the dash so the bezel didn't have all that stress. Currently, there are people making this plate commercially.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The tank switch was bolted through the old bezel to the dash from the front. In the first pic you sent the tank switch was attached from the front where those torque bolts are. Real ugly. I'm trying to make things right again for this old truck. She's a little cosmetically hurt but runs like a champ.

Thank you for all your suggestions.

·
Registered
617 Posts
You don't SEE any of that when the bezel is installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts