Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parts truck (97 F350 CC 4x4 7.3 PSD E4OD) I patched up made a wonderfull July 4 week trip to Tuktoyuktuk NWT and back hauling our little coleman trailer all but the last 200miles. had some low power issues going out but fixed it with an emergency repair in Inuvik NWT on the return trip. went from 13mpg to 18mpg on the return trip. was over 5000 miles each way.:smile:

kids loved the first 2 weeks getting there !

lots of minor issues but nothing I couldn't handle. the new trailer had more issues than the old truck:mad:

I made the trip to Inuvik back in 1993 with an almost new 91 F250 2wd 7.3idi . so now I've made a once in a life time trip twice, 1st time i was single and had money to burn, this time our family of 5 won't have holidays for another 5 yrs .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
That is fantastic! Good for you!! I know myself as well as a few others here would love some more pictures, should you have the desire to post them.

Congratulations!!!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Mrs took lots of pics, I did all the driving. a lot of the pics are lacking context as she was not making notes to go with the pics. we don't do social media so pics of anybody but me are not shareable . seems like i can only load thumbnails.

an interesting note of our trip. the only cell phone signal we had were in the cities of Edmonton and Calgary Alberta. Edmonton was basically our halfway there mark. so if anyone else is thinking of this kind of trip, a sattelite phone rental is a must for security . we did find people very willing to stop and help if you are broken down, and everybody checks on you if you are pulled over. it starts to rub off on you in remote areas and we were doing it too on our return trip. :wink:

a bridge crossing in northern BC waiting for a truck, beginning of Alaska highway, roads without guardrails, lots of bison/some on the road, and a great panoramic shot (pelly river IIRC )

met some very interesting people and I would love to live up there but northern people have just as many problems as in the south, its just not in your face the same. limited job market is restrictive too.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yeah> anybody questioning climate change and/or global warming should make this trip . I made basically the same trip 26 yrs ago and things have changed a lot in july! in Tuktoyuktuk we got 6 degree C and windy but 2 days earlier it was over 20 C and had been for over a week. 25 yrs ago , 5 C was a warm day there and sea ice cover was late into July. I told my wife I want to make the trip in another 25 yrs and see if we even recognize anything. I don't think i'll be around when I'm 78 so ......................

1 - 5 of 5 Posts